Dash Speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrettyMolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pair Pioneer 6x9 480w
These are what I put in my doors, and they sound fantastic, and get extremely loud... There is no need for amp or power booster. planning on getting a second pair and the boxes to put behind the seat in the corners of the black plastic catch-all behind the seat..and deleting the factory 5.5" speakers, and extending the wires from the factory speakers to connect the 6x9's so I am having to route new wire... and getting a nice touch screen double din pioneer head unit.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you won’t be fitting 6x9s in the dash without the aid of a sawzall and a BFH.

As far as just replacing the 3.5 factory speakers with aftermarket 3.5s, if you have the infinity system, you honestly won’t notice much if any difference. The factory amplified systems use the amp not only to amplify the signal obviously, but they are also a crossover. They basically have so much control over the sound that just replacing speakers while leaving the rest of the system factory really won’t make much difference at all.

It’s a little bit of work but the best way to do it is to use an amp bypass harness, bypass that factory amp and either use an aftermarket amp or install an aftermarket deck and wire your speakers right to that.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw this this thread is 3 months old lol. Oh well.