DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What about two 10's
tempFileForShare_zpseykmje9e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DODGE REG CAB 2-10" DOWNFIRE VENTED W/ AMP RACK

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just read something about that SLS that people said it sounded like a subwoofer instead of a mid lol.

%100 they do. I had 4 - ID 8s plus 2 SLS 8s in my doors. If I lowered the freq sent to the SLS, I basically had 6-8" subs lol. If they would fit, id have a pair in my truck for sure.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that is the style I will go with... If I put the amps under the seats, that cuby in the center will give me a little area to throw some ****.

Do you think that makes sense???

I am not trying to make this like a show piece, just a nice clean fit and still keeping my little cab as practical as possible. I don't think I could live with giving up that rear compartment completely for the sake of sub woofers.

That is how I have mine setup right now with amps under the seats. I don't blame you and trust me you will have more than enough room with those 12's.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Fit and finish isn't as nice as they want to make out on that box. I had one and it was good for getting loud and that was about it. I couldn't hear the detail in the bass that I wanted to achive.

Gotcha

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, thank you for all the advise and input! I had a crazy busy day at work, and I am just now catching up on all the posts...

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I have you guys blessing on ordering a box like this???

First, I will talk to SI to see what they think about it and also get the size I need.

Next, I will make sure they seal the corners with silicone or resin and the other stuff bradknob said to do... :)

And I will definitely get black and not that gray.

Attachments

• dsc0275pw6.jpg
    dsc0275pw6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I heard good things about them on other forums. Was gonna buy from them when I had my rcsb, but ultimately built my own.... Furniture maker, cabinet maker, carpenter, LoL

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard good things about them on other forums. Was gonna buy from them when I had my rcsb, but ultimately built my own.... Furniture maker, cabinet maker, carpenter, LoL

Wow, you have an awesome profession! I am a designer, I design high end contemporary furniture and also do alot of interiors - kitchens, bathrooms, remodels, commercial and residential.

Basically, I have the gayest job in the world, despite the fact that I love pl_l$$y , women (edit: due to foul and derogatory language)! Lmao!

Last edited:

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow, you have an awesome profession! I am a designer, I design high end contemporary furniture and also do alot of interiors - kitchens, bathrooms, remodels, commercial and residential.

Basically, I have the gayest job in the world, despite the fact that I love *****! Lmao!

No I thought you a carpenter.... must have read it wrong, LoL. I'm a carpenter that worked in a furniture shop though. I renovate homes now @ a high end retirement community now.

From this

To this!

Sorry to hijack, LoL

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360

Basically, I have the gayest job in the world, despite the fact that I love pl_l$$y , women (edit: due to foul and derogatory language)! Lmao!

:roflsquared: ain't nothing wrong with that at least you know today's designs and you won't be told you have bad taste like me I like red leather, stetson cologne, and western clothing not in that order.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an excerpt from my late night email back-n-forth convo with Nick at SI:

" D,

By "thrashing" I mean that you need to ask yourself one question: "am I after the best sound possible, or am I after the loudest thing out there without regard to how clean and accurate it sounds"? If you desire loudness first and foremost I highly recommend that you look at other subwoofers besides the BM mkIV. The BM mkIV is an ulta-low distortion speaker which means that it does not behave like normal subwoofers. There is no distortion before it bottoms out, no warning signs at all. If you plan on punishing the subwoofers and are after loud bass as your main criteria I, again, stress to not purchase BM mkIV's. Yes the BM mkIV's can play respectfully loud but they will not win you any SPL competitions.

​I recommend using 0.5 ft^3 sealed per woofer.
--------------
Nick @ Stereo Integrity "

Should I be worried? Are these subs a little too specific, finicky, sensitive for a rookie like me?

Last edited:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly what I read it should take a good bit to bottom out. If you want to try another shallow out first let me know cause totally been down that road and I want to see you comfortable when first diving into something new.
I used to be very shy about expensive equipment cause I didn't have skills and resources I do now so I've done a ton of dirt cheap builds where my whole system would cost as much as one of my amplifiers do now.
With your attention to detail I don't think these subs would be much of an issue for you, just have to take tuning slow.

Last edited:

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I thought you a carpenter.... must have read it wrong, LoL. I'm a carpenter that worked in a furniture shop though. I renovate homes now @ a high end retirement community now.

From this

To this!

Sorry to hijack, LoL

That is gorgeous! I love doing remodels, including the installs and labor.

If one of you ever gets bored in the Dallas area... let me know. lol

David...watching this one just like your other stuff. You never stop. Hope that arm heals up quick

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't think you should be worried. It's hard to explain but it's basically that the sub plays to clean, it doesn't seem very loud. If that makes any sense.

This is just what I presume, dunno if there's any truth to it but I think most subs have a lot more distortion than we think and that distortion is discomforting to the ears so we perceive it as loudness. The mkiv is basically distortion free so what ur actually hearing is how the music should actually sound.

My 1 mkiv still shakes my rear view mirror in my crew cab. I think 2 in a single cab would make me cream my pants