DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never be thrilled with output from the regular w3 but they have their place.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol don't get to discouraged honestly I haven't hear the TW3 but the TW5 is a very clean sounding sub. If I was to spend the money on the JL I would take a hard look at the Helix sub you posted earlier first.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol don't get to discouraged honestly I haven't hear the TW3 but the TW5 is a very clean sounding sub. If I was to spend the money on the JL I would take a hard look at the Helix sub you posted earlier first.

So you would choose the Helix over the JL? Personally, so would I.

What attracted me to the JLs is how they already come in a nice enclosure... and I am getting a little frusterated trying to pair the right box with the right sub (Nick did not help with that at all)...

Plus, 2 single enclosures will definitely give me more storage space than one big one.

:crazy:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you would choose the Helix over the JL? Personally, so would I.

What attracted me to the JLs is how they already come in a nice enclosure... and I am getting a little frusterated trying to pair the right box with the right sub (Nick did not help with that at all)...

Plus, 2 single enclosures will definitely give me more storage space than one big one.

:crazy:

Here is what mine looks like, each 10in sub in one cubic foot but if you notice it extends out over the back shelf hump a bit and I also have the back wall cut to gain 2ins.

Attachments

• truck boxs.jpg
    truck boxs.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is what mine looks like, each 10in sub in one cubic foot but if you notice it extends out over the back shelf hump a bit and I also have the back wall cut to gain 2ins.

That's very nice and you still have alot of storage in the center. But it is pretty big, huh? I should probably looking and subs that need less space to reduce the size of the boxes..?

Ideas david.

That is really cool, do they make it for my truck and do they make if for 12"??

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You keeping the Skar subs a secret form me?!?! ;)

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You keeping the Skar subs a secret form me?!?! ;)

Nope not keeping them a secret at all but I know what they play like. I want to see after tuning this weekend if I can get them to "disappear" while listening to music but I'm afraid that they have to much distortion to completely do that.

Brads might be onto something 4 8's could be really sweet.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those 4 - 8"s are looking better and better aren't they David. Lol

I wasn't joking btw.

I was afraid you weren't kidding... :roflsquared:

What do I gain with 4x 8s over 2x 12s?? Keep in mind I am trying to reduce the amount of space the enclosure takes up, to leave a little cargo area behind the seats.

I am really leaning toward 2x 12" in individual boxes. Between them will be open for stowing stuff and if/when I get a different vehicle there's a better chance of re-using them...

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shallow mounting depth, smaller airspace needed, as much cone area as 2 12s and its unique

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
What do I gain with 4x 8s over 2x 12s?? Keep in mind I am trying to reduce the amount of space the enclosure takes up, to leave a little cargo area behind the seats.
Some 8's can fit in as low as .33 cu ft, and you have a ton more motor to cool.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
^^^ those

I've ran it before in a false floor because of space limitations. Each sub had .4 cuft and no one could guess I had 4-8"s. Dug deep and was plenty loud enough for when I wanted it to be.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hhmmmmm, custom box? Firing down?

That could leave my little cargo area with LOTS of space, and the subs would not even be visible... or is my line of thinking completely crazy?