Daystar Air Bag Cradles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
Is anyone running these with the Firestone bags?
Firestone issued a warning about not using the cradles because the bag could go sideways and hit the tire.

I'm running the Firestone bags but only air them up when towing.

I would like to install the Daystar Cradles

Here are my options:

1. Remove the bottom bracket of the Firestone kit everytime I go offroad. Time consuming

2. Go with a taller bag. This may not fit and cost the most.

3. Go with the Daystar cradles. If you are running these do you deflate the bags when not using them and tie them up out of the way(I like to tie things up) or do you run a low psi?

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Low psi...

Whats the worse that can happen? Bag will burst...

Lawyers want to make sure they dont have to pay for replacements bags due to failure

OP
OP
B

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
Got the bags and cradles installed so far they are working good.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It would be good to see a couple of Pic's when you can.

OP
OP
B

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
Here are some pics of the air bags and the cap on the truck!

OP
OP
B

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
Used the bolt from the cradle and drilled a hole in the top of the bracket on the axel for the bolt to fit thru

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Are these cradles necessary...was looking into the airlift 5000 kit

You need them if you want to keep the extra rear axle articulation of the Power Wagon.

I have the Air Lift 5000 Ultimate kit with Daystar cradles on my PW.

full

Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
resurrecting this a bit. so what's the purpose of the cradle? I haven't looked into them a lot. is it basically just a spacer? If that's the case, airlift makes a spacer that works with their kit.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
resurrecting this a bit. so what's the purpose of the cradle? I haven't looked into them a lot. is it basically just a spacer? If that's the case, airlift makes a spacer that works with their kit.

The cradle is there so the bottom of the bag does not have to be secured at all, which would hinder articulation/droop (or possibly tear/damage the bag with full articulation).

The cradle just gives a pocket for the bag to sit in, so it cant kick out to the side.

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I ran the Firestone bags with Daystar cradle on my last truck which was a 2010 Ram 2500 and had zero issue's with the set up.

I even ran the fill hoses up to my top rear license plate mounting holes and had it run through the plate. Real clean setup.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ran the Firestone bags with Daystar cradle on my last truck which was a 2010 Ram 2500 and had zero issue's with the set up.

I even ran the fill hoses up to my top rear license plate mounting holes and had it run through the plate. Real clean setup.
I did that on my 1500 with the license plate. you can't even tell it's there. And thanks olyelr thanks for the information on the cradle.