DDM canbus HID low / Philips 9011 highs / Morimoto vertical LED /

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Shouldn't the ballast be placed outside the housing? Do you run the risk of overheating with them crammed inside?

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They have been installed for over a year, not once have I ever had a problem and I'm not easy only truck.

Memyself

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The kit from Amazon did you order the 9006 bulbs for the highs?

Yellow98stang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was able to get everything crammed in the headlight housing like the pic posted above. Tested them and they fired no problem. Can't wait to go for a night drive and see the improvement!
Stock halogen:
20180317_205535.jpg
Driver side HID installed:
20180317_220444.jpg
Both HID installed:
20180317_225902.jpg
HID and Morimoto LED fogs:
20180317_225948.jpg

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Was able to get everything crammed in the headlight housing like the pic posted above. Tested them and they fired no problem. Can't wait to go for a night drive and see the improvement!

Just installed mine too! Haven’t driven yet. Color is way better than stock. I believe they’re brighter but I haven’t driven yet.

Took the suggestion about clocking the bulb so the wire was facing down. [emoji106] funny though, I feel like the driver side is just a tad dimmer than passenger. Maybe it’s just me...

Oh, and I didn’t cram everything into the housing. Seems so tight in there! I zip tied the ballast to a part of the frame. Didn’t drill. Instead, had wires stick out the bottom. Worked really well.
fe0c9f3c82845622d32d891e86773cf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow98stang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed mine too! Haven’t driven yet. Color is way better than stock. I believe they’re brighter but I haven’t driven yet.

Took the suggestion about clocking the bulb so the wire was facing down. [emoji106] funny though, I feel like the driver side is just a tad dimmer than passenger. Maybe it’s just me...

fe0c9f3c82845622d32d891e86773cf4.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to clock the bulb at all. The bulb itself only fit in the housing one way, and when I tried to turn the black plastic mounting housing in the headlight by unscrewing the torx screws, all three didn't line back up after turning. Two would screw in, and the third was off by about a quarter or half inch. The bulb wouldn't even fit with that alignment.

Light output seems fine though, but I want to see what it looks like on the road as well...

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
I couldn't figure out how to clock the bulb at all. The bulb itself only fit in the housing one way, and when I tried to turn the black plastic mounting housing in the headlight by unscrewing the torx screws, all three didn't line back up after turning. Two would screw in, and the third was off by about a quarter or half inch. The bulb wouldn't even fit with that alignment.

Light output seems fine though, but I want to see what it looks like on the road as well...

At first, I did what you did. Completely unscrewed and turned the mount 1/3 around. That’s not the way. Instead, you simply back out the screws maybe halfway. Then tug on the black mount to give a little wiggle room for the bulb. The bulb can then be clocked past the fixed stops. Once bulb is clocked so that the wire faces down, you tighten the screws back down which cinches the bulb tight.

For you, If you can’t see a black line in the light, I wouldn’t worry about it. Doesn’t appear visible in your images.

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
At first, I did what you did. Completely unscrewed and turned the mount 1/3 around. That’s not the way. Instead, you simply back out the screws maybe halfway. Then tug on the black mount to give a little wiggle room for the bulb. The bulb can then be clocked past the fixed stops. Once bulb is clocked so that the wire faces down, you tighten the screws back down which cinches the bulb tight.

For you, If you can’t see a black line in the light, I wouldn’t worry about it. Doesn’t appear visible in your images.

This is exactly how it’s done.

Blkhammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow and you guys are not getting no error codes or anything ? I’m wanting to try and tuck everything inside headlight but I’m a little nervous.

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Wow and you guys are not getting no error codes or anything ? I’m wanting to try and tuck everything inside headlight but I’m a little nervous.

No error codes here.

Blkhammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the 9005 will fit with no issues even though it calls for a 9012