DDM canbus HID low / Philips 9011 highs / Morimoto vertical LED /

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ordered the DDM tuning canbus HIDs from Amazon on Thursday through amazon. They were being sold by DDM Tuning and fulfilled by Amazon. Chose standard delivery and they arrived today (Saturday). I did some searching online (here and others including YouTube) found a video of an unboxing and it was poorly packed and both outer and inner boxes were damaged but bulbs and ballasts appeared to be ok. I was nervous about receiving the same. But to my surprise, it looks like DDM has changed the way the packaged everything. Mine showed up with no damage to outer box. They also added a second inner box with name and graphics that contains the “kit” (bulbs and ballasts). I ordered the 35 watt slimline canbus ballasts, 5500k bulbs with the 9006 sockets.
Now I can’t wait to install them.

654cf520e73dd5c843daa932ebbc1e51.jpg
2053b4c05e9fb118c8e66953432e51df.jpg
b3900d51883da44e450967cc54bbdd90.jpg
ab94225180f5e3986416ac55fa9b1a1e.jpg
4a6ae7e33d7a6c50230c1b2baddb6791.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ looks good to me, are you going to put all that inside the headlights?....if you do please take a few pics during the process with the cover off, I see a lot of requests for that.

your going to love driving with the HID kit

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the 9011 halogen bulbs in the high beams for a while but I did not like the yellow look next to the Morimoto 35 watt HID low beams. So I replaced them with a set of Supernova V-3 leds, and they are brighter and match the hid's better.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ looks good to me, are you going to put all that inside the headlights?....if you do please take a few pics during the process with the cover off, I see a lot of requests for that.

your going to love driving with the HID kit

I am not sure if I am going to put it all inside or not. As it stands right now I plan on not putting it all inside and just seal the grommet with silicone to seal it well. I am weary of the heat from ballast and canbus adaptor and the reports of some people loosing the ability to adjust the beam.
That being said, if I start it and see that I can fit it all in safely, I will certainly take pics.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t cut a big hole in mine, I clipped a small notch about 1/4” on the lip just enough to feed the wires thru then put lid on and put a small amount of silicone around that.

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine were packaged like that too. I was able to squeeze the ballast and adapter into the housing without any drilling or cutting into the dusk cover. It was a tight fit. So far, they have worked flawlessly. Such a tremendous upgrade over the stock halogen projectors. Add a set of LED fogs and you'll light up the road way in front nicely. It's not blinding either. I've checked. Haven't been flashed yet. Like I told my wife, this is how FCA should equip these higher end trucks from the factory. I can see WTs and SLTs with reflector/projector halogens. But not Laramie and above.

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not sure if I am going to put it all inside or not. As it stands right now I plan on not putting it all inside and just seal the grommet with silicone to seal it well. I am weary of the heat from ballast and canbus adaptor and the reports of some people loosing the ability to adjust the beam.
That being said, if I start it and see that I can fit it all in safely, I will certainly take pics.

Drilled hole and silicone is how I installed mine. 2-months and no issues.

Sent from my iPad

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I tried the 9011 halogen bulbs in the high beams for a while but I did not like the yellow look next to the Morimoto 35 watt HID low beams. So I replaced them with a set of Supernova V-3 leds, and they are brighter and match the hid's better.

Link to the LEDs? Only LEDs I thought would fit the high beams in the projector headlights is the flexible heat sink style but wasn’t ready to take the plunge.

I need more light from the high beams. Low beams are covered with 50w D2S with FXR projectors and MH1 7.0s 45w hid in the fogs.

It too bothers me having the 9005 halogen bulbs in the high beams bc of there lack of brightness and color.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Link to the LEDs? Only LEDs I thought would fit the high beams in the projector headlights is the flexible heat sink style but wasn’t ready to take the plunge.

I need more light from the high beams. Low beams are covered with 50w D2S with FXR projectors and MH1 7.0s 45w hid in the fogs.

It too bothers me having the 9005 halogen bulbs in the high beams bc of there lack of brightness and color.
https://headlightrevolution.com/hea...b-upgrades/supernova-v-3-led-headlight-bulbs/

RamNight18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How well do the the ddm 35w 5500k match the supernova v3’s? I believe they’re 6k

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine installed about 2 weeks ago. Went well. Pretty straightforward. Drilled a hole for the grommet and siliconed them when I was done.
Although with the summer here I have not had the chance to drive at night with them installed. ☹️ Stupid sun!

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DDM Tuning has provided my last 5 sets of HIDs for various vehicles.

All have been above reproach in quality, brightness, price, and durability.

I am not nice to my cars, taking them off road often, hitting deep puddles whenever given half a chance.....these never skip a beat.

Common sense isn't...nor is common decency.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well damn. Glad someone resurrected this thread. I am gunna hopefully install my HIDs (all be it a different company) in the next week or so. Was gunna go LED for my high beams but this 9011 trimmed to fit the 9005 spot on my 2016 looks really good... and much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James3117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered a set of Smart PWM ballast from absoulutehid.com (canadian company) for 150$ Total. Life time warrenty. The bulbs are not of high quality but the ballast are the same exact 5th gen ballast headlight revoultion and GTR lighting use. I will get pictures to prove my case. I have both. The difference in the two was price. The 5th gen ballast from GTR lighting and headlight revoultion are 300$ insane i know. But I paid 150 for the second set. The ballast are tiny, smallest ive seen. I was thinking about putting a set in the highs and lows. Of course I will be testing to make sure im NoT blinding on coming drivers. One ballast will fit in the housing forsure, but i think both will fit inside. Has anyone had issues with heat?

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I was thinking about putting a set in the highs and lows.

I’d pay attention whether or not your low beams reach max temp/brightness instantly. If they don’t I wouldn’t replace the highs with HID. My point being that they won’t truly be high beams if you need to flash someone. Otherwise I’m sure they’ll make excellent high beams if you’re intention is to keep them on for a while at a time.

Bo Daggart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Do they have 55w?
Is there a noticeable difference between 35w and 55w?