Dead Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just saw this post. I've always wondered why the wasn't a "foot rest" on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They did the test fit on mine with similar mats, but I did not watch the install/test fit itself.

Due to their desire to have a perfectly fitting product, it was not left in my truck, as there are adjustments needing to be addressed first.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question for @Nick@GotExhaust or @TatertotScott. Do you think the design they are working on will work with heavy duty floor mats like Weathertech or Husky in place?

-K

Good question. I sent them an email asking. I know they made one for the Raptor and it worked with any mat but that doesnt mean these will. Ill update this thread with their answer

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is the manufacturer's response to the floor mats
"The bracket that is in prototype stages will allow for any floormat that does not extend past the OEM carpet at the furthest end of the footwell, towards the firewall. Scott had some heavy duty floormats in his truck, though I didn't look to see which brand, and our prototype was not obstructed in any way. As far as I can tell there should be no interference issues."

@kad

@TatertotScott what floor mats do you have?

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is the manufacturer's response to the floor mats
"The bracket that is in prototype stages will allow for any floormat that does not extend past the OEM carpet at the furthest end of the footwell, towards the firewall. Scott had some heavy duty floormats in his truck, though I didn't look to see which brand, and our prototype was not obstructed in any way. As far as I can tell there should be no interference issues."

@kad

@TatertotScott what floor mats do you have?
These ones:
MAXLINER A0231/B0047 MAXFLOORMAT... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD5M21N?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

They are very similar in size, shape, and thickness to Husky and Weathertech.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Early in the month a steel prototype was made to be tested. I have reached out to them to get an update. I am hoping we are close to the manufacturing stage.

@TatertotScott have you been over there for any test fitments lately?

Reactions: kad

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Early in the month a steel prototype was made to be tested. I have reached out to them to get an update. I am hoping we are close to the manufacturing stage.

@TatertotScott have you been over there for any test fitments lately?
I have a test fitment on January 5th. We shall see.

I am hoping for good things...

Common sense isn't...nor is common decency.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Curious... I know nascar drivers have them but what is the point of our trucks having them? I know it is suppose to be a resting spot for the foot but other than that why have one?