Dealer offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Granite Chrystal Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, you absolutely do not need tow mirrors for your size trailer. If you want them later go get them.

Sounds like you found a good dealer who is doing his best to make the deal work. I'd take it.

x2 You do not need tow mirrors for that trailer

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So after weeks of working on a deal on a ram express I finally got my price for my trade and my final out the door price. The dealer found the truck I wanted 5.7 hemi, quad cab, express package 3.92 gears, tow package. Well he called tonight and said the other dealer said the vehicle wasn't available anymore. So his solution was a truck he had on the lot that has everything above, except the tow mirrors and brake controller. In addition the truck has led bed lights, limited slip diff, and locking wheel nuts. Also he said he would install the factor brake controller. He said it would cost me $80 more than the price we already agreed on, but the truck has $600 worth of options that the original truck didn't have. Do I really need tow mirrors? I have a 6 x 10 utility trailer that I tow.

No it’s not really needed

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the tow mirrors on my 17 I didn't have them on my 15 I don't think they are a must have for a small trailer. I had slip on mirrors with my 15 and they worked just fine. actually they are in the garage if you got the truck at the dealer and were interested in them I'd sell for $50 shipped paid $99.... good luck sounds like a nice truck

DrkRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 crew cab Night Edition
Engine
5.7 hemi
get the sport instead of the express, your going to want the 8.4 radio , heated seats , remote start, etc and instead of having to add options just buy it with them already. you wont get them with the express. well you might get the remote start but not the rest

rdefayette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel C code
a 6
So after weeks of working on a deal on a ram express I finally got my price for my trade and my final out the door price. The dealer found the truck I wanted 5.7 hemi, quad cab, express package 3.92 gears, tow package. Well he called tonight and said the other dealer said the vehicle wasn't available anymore. So his solution was a truck he had on the lot that has everything above, except the tow mirrors and brake controller. In addition the truck has led bed lights, limited slip diff, and locking wheel nuts. Also he said he would install the factor brake controller. He said it would cost me $80 more than the price we already agreed on, but the truck has $600 worth of options that the original truck didn't have. Do I really need tow mirrors? I have a 6 x 10 utility trailer that I tow.

A 6 x 10 ? You won't even see it behind the truck with OR without tow mirrors. forget about the mirrors. get it.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

Discover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My experience at David Stanley was very good. The internet department was easy with no gimmicks. I just selected the truck I wanted and called the number given online and ask the internet salesman if there were any mark ups in addition to the quoted price. He said the price given online was the only price. He brought the truck to my house and I drove it to the dealer and an hour later owned it. No hassles with their online sales.