debadge

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by trentehrlish, Nov 23, 2016.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. trentehrlish

    trentehrlish Junior Member

    Age:
    20
    Posts:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2016
    Ram Year:
    2001
    Engine:
    5.9 magnum
    What do I use to get the glue off of truck after I debadge. I don't want it to take the clear coat off. Thanks
     
  2. trentehrlish

    trentehrlish Junior Member

    Age:
    20
    Posts:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2016
    Ram Year:
    2001
    Engine:
    5.9 magnum
    What do I use to get the glue off of truck after debadging it. I don't want it to remove the clear coat on truck. Thanks
     
  3. Marksman

    Marksman Member

    Posts:
    78
    Likes Received:
    10
    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2014
    Location:
    Texas
    Ram Year:
    1999 Ram 2500 4x4 SLT
    Engine:
    V10
    I've always used rubbing alcohol on adhesive and it's worked pretty well. Wont hurt the paint either.

    Today I re-badged the truck i just bought because someone removed them...
     
    trentehrlish likes this.
  4. blkbaretta

    blkbaretta Senior Member

    Posts:
    191
    Likes Received:
    52
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2012
    Location:
    TN
    Ram Year:
    2014
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Goo Gone - works great - just clean with a little soap and water after - may not be needed, but why not?
     
    trentehrlish likes this.
  5. dudeman2009

    dudeman2009 Senior Member

    Age:
    22
    Posts:
    1,395
    Likes Received:
    157
    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2016
    Location:
    Lansing, Michigan
    Ram Year:
    2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
    Engine:
    Magnum 360
    I've used goo gone which works pretty well. I've also used a rubber type wheel that goes in a drill to remove decals and pinstripes from vehicles when they become ratty, it also works great on tree sap, no damage to the clear coat either. I picked one up at Menards, but its something like this

    https://www.amazon.com/Follex-ERW-6-Decal-Eraser-Wheel/dp/B00BMU9CEM
     
    trentehrlish likes this.
  6. trentehrlish

    trentehrlish Junior Member

    Age:
    20
    Posts:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2016
    Ram Year:
    2001
    Engine:
    5.9 magnum
    And just use a rag to wipe the glue away? It's thick and hard.
     
  7. trentehrlish

    trentehrlish Junior Member

    Age:
    20
    Posts:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2016
    Ram Year:
    2001
    Engine:
    5.9 magnum
    What do I use to get it off with the alcohol. Its super hard to get off.
     
  8. Desert Dude

    Desert Dude Member

    Posts:
    81
    Likes Received:
    40
    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2015
    Ram Year:
    2015
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Goo-gone works good.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
     
  9. quietpeen

    quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

    Posts:
    21,757
    Likes Received:
    1,784
    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Eraser wheel is the no sore finger way
     
  10. nateinva

    nateinva Supporting Member

    Posts:
    625
    Likes Received:
    356
    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2016
    Location:
    Central Virginia
    Ram Year:
    2011 1500 Laramie CC
    Engine:
    5.7L
    I did mine last weekend. Took about 1.5 hours with some stubborn adhesive.

    Initial removal with fishing line. Peeled off 75% of it by hand...the thick part. Used an eraser wheel for remaining 25%.

    Wiped everything off with goo gone, quick soapy wash and wax.

    The truck is metallic black and I have some very slight ghosting on the doors where the 1500 was. I'll get some polish over the weekend and go over it again. Love the clean look now.
     

Share This Page