Decided to add a Foxbox 10" Vented Enclosure need sub opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning Gents/Ladies,

I have decided that I need more bass/boom in my truck then what I currently have

I originally replaced the OEM sub and added the shallow mount Pioneer 8" sub a couple weeks ago with its own independent amp which was okay but not nearly as loud or deep as I wanted.

So here’s my new plan (that my wife doesn’t know about
C:\Users\p91866\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
). I am going to use the stock Alpine amp and oem alpine sub and then add a second 10" sub under the driver’s side seat using the Vented Foxbox 10" ( They currently are on sale and I just ordered).

The only reason I went with the original pioneer method was because I was trying to keep both fold flat floors. That being said it just doesn’t hit hard enough or deep enough for me. So I will be removing the driver’s side fold flat floor (the smaller section) and adding the Foxbox to that spot and use it in addition to the current alpine/sub audio set up.

New set up will include
-Foxbox Vented box- DQC-110-V-D
-10” Alpine Type S sub
-Alpine MRV-M500 Class D amp
-Crutch Field 4 gauge wiring kit

Ill probably sell the the Pioneer Shallow mount "8 sub and put the OEM one back in. Keep an eye out in the for sale section within the next few weeks.

Pretty excited to get my new set up!

Last edited:

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You happen to know the mounting depth?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You happen to know the mounting depth?

I know that it comes with spacers to lift my seat some on that side. I dont know that actual dept though. I will take tons of pictures when I install it all. I have been told the box could take a couple weeks to arrive though.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only opinion is against the Alpine. Id go with a Rockford Fosgate P3. I have 2 type s 12's in my truck in a vented fox box and they make me mad that I didnt spend the extra money.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only opinion is against the Alpine. Id go with a Rockford Fosgate P3. I have 2 type s 12's in my truck in a vented fox box and they make me mad that I didnt spend the extra money.

I will let you know what I think once I get the one 10". The Type S 10" have a ton of good reviews online. I went back and forth between these and the JL W0 10" but I deciding factor was the dual coil on the Alpine and higher wattage. In addition they suggested this sub on their website for the specific vented box behind the drivers seat ( smaller box less room) Looking forward to pushing the Alpine @ 500W RMS at 2ohms.

I am sure it will blow me away compared to what I have now. I also have to stay within some what of a budget so I dont get murdered by the wifespot lol

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will let you know what I think once I get the one 10". The Type S 10" have a ton of good reviews online. I went back and forth between these and the JL W0 10" but I deciding factor was the dual coil on the Alpine and higher wattage. In addition they suggested this sub on their website for the specific vented box behind the drivers seat ( smaller box less room) Looking forward to pushing the Alpine @ 500W RMS at 2ohms.

I am sure it will blow me away compared to what I have now. I also have to stay within some what of a budget so I dont get murdered by the wifespot lol

Go W0 the alpine is not loud nor musical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go W0 the alpine is not loud nor musical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sticking to my guns on this! Well see though I heard the same about the W0. If I dont like it I can always return them to Crutchfield.. Thank goodness for their 60 day return policy :D. I gotta be honest though majority of folk who have them love them from what I have seen.

I will keep you posted.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im sticking to my guns on this! Well see though I heard the same about the W0. If I dont like it I can always return them to Crutchfield.. Thank goodness for their 60 day return policy :D. I gotta be honest though majority of folk who have them love them from what I have seen.

I will keep you posted.
I had two w0 in an atrend box it was terrible.... Just not enough volume.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wanted to know how deep of a sub you could mount.. I really need to get this w6 wedge situation I have under control... I have a semi decent sum of money coming in this week so I might evaluate my options... I just don't want to sacrifice to much volume or quality
I know that it comes with spacers to lift my seat some on that side. I dont know that actual dept though. I will take tons of pictures when I install it all. I have been told the box could take a couple weeks to arrive though.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had two w0 in an atrend box it was terrible.... Just not enough volume.

I read that. So well see how this sounds. Once the box comes in remind me and I'll do any measurements that you need.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can’t say much about the type S but I have a single 10 fox box with a type R and this combo hits pretty dam hard. No complaints here I think you made a wise choice. I have mine powered by a hifonics 2000 watt mono amp

B7AB7230-1193-48E4-8600-1052AA2C3F2E.jpeg

DD6C8B8A-8641-4228-8728-6A0D0189D7F5.jpeg

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can’t say much about the type S but I have a single 10 fox box with a type R and this combo hits pretty dam hard. No complaints here I think you made a wise choice. I have mine powered by a hifonics 2000 watt mono amp

View attachment 130604

View attachment 130605
That looks good! The type R I believe is a step up from the S but it appears well have a similar set up!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should have went Type R or Fosgate P3. Going on advice and specs of the Type S annoys me daily. They will get loud enough, but I know Im missing some low end grunt, and they are not as musical as I would have expected with a new chassis. The Type R is a better subwoofer in every category and fits the box specs perfectly. The enclosure is a tad small for a P3, but will keep it in line just fine and still musically a better woofer. If you had the 12 box, Id likely give you one of my Type S for a very very very cheap price.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should have went Type R or Fosgate P3. Going on advice and specs of the Type S annoys me daily. They will get loud enough, but I know Im missing some low end grunt, and they are not as musical as I would have expected with a new chassis. The Type R is a better subwoofer in every category and fits the box specs perfectly. The enclosure is a tad small for a P3, but will keep it in line just fine and still musically a better woofer. If you had the 12 box, Id likely give you one of my Type S for a very very very cheap price.
I don't know that you'd have an easy time fitting either of those woofers under the bench. I'm in a similar situation with my JL w6

Also you might need to roll the windows down to get the lows. At least that's my situation with my setup...

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know that you'd have an easy time fitting either of those woofers under the bench. I'm in a similar situation with my JL w6

Both fit my fox box perfectly, all that’s added is the 3/4 seat roasted which also allow the rear seat to fold.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Both fit my fox box perfectly, all that’s added is the 3/4 seat roasted which also allow the rear seat to fold.
Can you link box? I currently have my rear seat folded up when no cargo in back ... I.e. kids.... Or have it stuffed between between passenger and rear bench when I have kids in the back...

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've also heard that these boxes produce a lot of vent noise.... How is it from your perspective?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you link box? I currently have my rear seat folded up when no cargo in back ... I.e. kids.... Or have it stuffed between between passenger and rear bench when I have kids in the back...

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-212-V

That’s the dual

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-112-V-P

That’s the single, both are crew or quad but double check before you buy.

Box is solid and I’m happy with the box, just not my woofer choice.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've also heard that these boxes produce a lot of vent noise.... How is it from your perspective?

I dont have any vent noise at full throw on these subs. The port is huge and flared so no noise unless im in the 25ish hz range. Anything in the mid 30's and up its clean. I cant speak for the back wall though, that bad boy makes some noise!