Decided to add a Foxbox 10" Vented Enclosure need sub opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I moved my amp and lc2i today and now the whole system is dead in the water. Takin to audio shop tom. I'm lost

I found the amp flashing but once I turned truck off and back on it went back to normal. I dont thini ite getting any signal from the lc2i
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Sorry i havent been. Following along. what head unit are you using?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I moved my amp and lc2i today and now the whole system is dead in the water. Takin to audio shop tom. I'm lost

I found the amp flashing but once I turned truck off and back on it went back to normal. I dont thini ite getting any signal from the lc2i
Did you perhaps pull the lc2i or something loose from the back of your head unit?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Was it working at one time with the lc2i?

If that's a new add on to the system maybe you need resistors before the lc2i?

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you perhaps pull the lc2i or something loose from the back of your head unit?

I had it all working perfectly but I moved the amp and LC2I behind the seat instead of under it. After the move nothing worked. I have the stock 8.4 but I know for a fact it worked before hand which is what frusterates me.

My only change was setting the sub up at 2ohm and moving the amp. I think the issue is with the LC2I but at one point my amp was flashing which says theirs a problem however it returned back to solid after I restarted the truck.

So who knows

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had it all working perfectly but I moved the amp and LC2I behind the seat instead of under it. After the move nothing worked. I have the stock 8.4 but I know for a fact it worked before hand which is what frusterates me.

My only change was setting the sub up at 2ohm and moving the amp. I think the issue is with the LC2I but at one point my amp was flashing which says theirs a problem however it returned back to solid after I restarted the truck.

So who knows

If you can swing it, I'd recommend returning the LC2i and going with the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can swing it, I'd recommend returning the LC2i and going with the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41

Yea I cant swing that. My wife would murder me lol. I just gotta get this to work. Will the LC2I show maximum signal if I turn it up without the sub? I am going to try this today. If it is supposed to then I will be able to determine that as the problem.

damn troubleshooting lol. I hate the feeling I should have stayed stock :<

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I cant swing that. My wife would murder me lol. I just gotta get this to work. Will the LC2I show maximum signal if I turn it up without the sub? I am going to try this today. If it is supposed to then I will be able to determine that as the problem.

damn troubleshooting lol. I hate the feeling I should have stayed stock :<
Idk man, I wouldn't mess with the LC2i too much unless you unhook the sub. Id read the manual. I ran mine too high for a week or two and it blew my 3w3 from clipping. Made sure to upgrade to the PAC unit when I put my 2 w6s in to avoid any issues.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not saying this is your issue, but we had source signal issues with the Alpine amp output until we added small resistors in line. The Alpine system wants to see a minimum load before it will send signal.

You would have to do a search for the actual values. I can’t remember but I found it either here or on DIYMA.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to hear you are having these problems man. Nothing worse than an electrical problem. Glad I bought an aftermarket radio with RCA outputs when i see gremlins like these.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it was self caused the wire in the box fell off when I put it in... haha. Easy solution and now shes in business. It hits perfectly now I do get some port noise at real low volumes when I really crank it but Its minimal.

Glad I didnt go with the type R. It would have been way to small for the driver side ported box.

Anyways all good in my world now!

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it was self caused the wire in the box fell off when I put it in... haha. Easy solution and now shes in business.

There will be a ton of vibration in there. What type of connectors are they? Would soldering be overkill?

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There will be a ton of vibration in there. What type of connectors are they? Would soldering be overkill?
Nope I pinched them on real good. I took it out to fix the vibration. The only thing I notice is port noise at the real low hz but that is the smaller box and not the sub I believe. I'll run with and see how It goes. Funny thing is my gain is less then 10% and its pushing. If I had a huge box this thing would crush.

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I'm happy. The box is tuned to 36hz so I think when some rap songs drop below at it chuffs ay high volume. I might try a subsonic filter.

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea I'm happy. The box is tuned to 36hz so I think when some rap songs drop below at it chuffs ay high volume. I might try a subsonic filter.

I was going to say, the closer you get to frequency tune, you're going to get more port noise. That's the nature of the beast. Sub sonic should help you out in that area. Don't let it chuff too much or you'll wind up replacing that sub sooner than later. lol

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to say, the closer you get to frequency tune, you're going to get more port noise. That's the nature of the beast. Sub sonic should help you out in that area. Don't let it chuff too much or you'll wind up replacing that sub sooner than later. lol

Yea thats the plan. I am gonna turn it the max volume of the sub to before it chuffs and just deal with it that way until i get the subsonic filter.