Dent In Door :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
7D9A4136-890C-4CEC-BE23-67E127127C0F.jpeg Yesterday the wife and I went out to dinner with my parents, I always park far away to avoid this....when I went to get in my truck to head home, I saw a dent in my drivers door, after a few nice words, I called the dealer. To my surprise they offered to pay for the repair since only having my truck for a week...

Now here’s the catchy part, the dent was very high and I wondered how did someone hit my door so high? I went to my local Dent Dr and had it fixed for 120.00. The guy who fixed my door said it was not a dent from someone hitting my door, he stated it was cause by a glue Chrysler used to seal my door. He stated it was right on one of the doors reinforcements, he said he sees this all the time on BMW’s and Mercedes Benz...

I never heard of this before. I called the dealership and told my sales manager what the Dent Dr said, the dealership is gonna file this as a warranty claim.

Just thought I’d share this.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dang, wonder if any more will pop up on other panels, at least your dealer is helping

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Holy cow, if that is true I sure hope FCA gets that process fixed. That sucks.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the build date on your truck? It'll be on the white sticker in the door jamb....

gmbohuntr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've never seen the adhesives pull a ding that small, but totally plausible. Normally it's over a much larger, and shallower, area. Pretty sweet that the dealership will file it and offered to repair. Hopefully the pdr guy made it look good as new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kevin1106

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's the build date on your truck? It'll be on the white sticker in the door jamb....
4/18

I was hoping for a Wednesday truck, looks like I got a Friday truck. :)

OP
OP
Kevin1106

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never seen the adhesives pull a ding that small, but totally plausible. Normally it's over a much larger, and shallower, area. Pretty sweet that the dealership will file it and offered to repair. Hopefully the pdr guy made it look good as new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Yeah I was shocked by what I learned today. Never heard of such a thing. PDR guy did a great job. I looked and looked for signs of the dent, I can’t see it anymore. So I’m happy.

Reactions: JB1

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the robots were in a rush to get to the cyborg rally! Lol.
Maybe it’s a Monday truck and the one employee at the plant had a liquid weekend and didn’t grease the bots.
I was moreso thinking how long ago. Hopefully they changed whatever process before my truck is built anyday now! [emoji23]