Detailing: How to Wax/Favorite Wax/Favorite Detailer

Favorite Wax Product/Favorie Detailer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Well

Remember guys, supporting the forum vendors helps support the forum we all love!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

The FedEx guy delivered my Adams interior cleaner (new item for me) that I hope to TEST this weekend! :emotions36:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Remember guys, supporting the forum vendors helps support the forum we all love!

fukken right :****:

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have my go to products for different colors and paints, this thread was about your favorite products so I shared. I experiment all the time but keep the go to on the shelves, sorry if I offended any vendors. I will likely try some Fukken / Adam's one day too but a lot of these products can't be shipped to Canada so I deal with my supplier.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I don't think you offended anyone! It's your choice for sure! I'm just trying to help the forum in a way that benefits me and it. ;)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Nah. :D

By the way.......Fukken, the guy I get all of mine through - he's in Canada. He ships all my Canadian orders. :D

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What's a good spray tire dressing you offer (and can be shipped to Canada)? That's for all the vendors, thicker products are too time consuming on truck tires. By spray I mean pump sprayer, wipe off excess...

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I only offer one wax, Fukken - its not made to go on tires. Sorry man!

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.

I agree and it usually is my first choice to buy from my "community" first (local community, forum community, friends businesses, good customer service providers, American companies and other preferred sources).

I wanted to get a quick spray sealant. The adams quick sealant wasn't available when I wanted to buy it (more than 6 weeks ago and it still isn't available), so I tried something else because of need. I have a cabinet full of Adams and I'm very happy with their products and will continue to buy from them. However, when there is a need and the preferred source is not available, you have to go elsewhere.

I will be trying out some Fukken in the future and will of course buy from JJ.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I agree and it usually is my first choice to buy from my "community" first (local community, forum community, friends businesses, good customer service providers, American companies and other preferred sources).

I wanted to get a quick spray sealant. The adams quick sealant wasn't available when I wanted to buy it (more than 6 weeks ago and it still isn't available), so I tried something else because of need. I have a cabinet full of Adams and I'm very happy with their products and will continue to buy from them. However, when there is a need and the preferred source is not available, you have to go elsewhere.

I will be trying out some Fukken in the future and will of course buy from JJ.

TOTALLY agree! They have a hell of a time with the aerosols... The EPA is SO stringent on anything like that now. I'm not sure why it's been out of stock so long. I have over three cans of it though... :emotions36:

I have never used anything that's that easy to apply and remove and lasts SO long. I put it on in the beginning of September, and it was still fully beading like a CHAMP Wednesday morning. I have a video I'll try to post up.

As for a good tire dressing... Stay away from silicon containing products. They attract dirt, and over time turn your tires BROWN!

Remember guys! 110% guarantee with Adams means if you don't like it, they'll PAY YOU to take it back! NONE of the others on the list above will do that. Plus, buy a power tool from Adams and they warranty it for life!

Adams Quick Sealant Durability - YouTube

Last edited:

tlizilani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey, I'm new here, I'm a proud owner of a 2013 ram, I love it. Only one problem, the paint is metallic and attracts dust like a magnet! Its very annoying. Any products that can help me out?

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well, I just got my first black truck well even car for that matter and I'm scared to death of all the talk of how hard it is to take care of black. I've always used meguires products. I use to be a huge fan of the step products they had. The #1 paint cleaner was great. I'd follow it up with basically any wax and was pretty pleased. I just picked up some mequires black wax and there ultimate wash and wax. Any comments welcome on my choices. Good or bad since I'm just graduating for dish soap.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm hooked on Killerwaxx. Will never use any other brand ever again! After a good detail for a car show, I have people coming up to me asking what I use to get my vehicle so clean and such a deep shine to it. Absolutely love the stuff! And before you go searching, you won't find it in stores. Look on Facebook.

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations on a good wax/sealant that won't leave white residue?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Any recommendations on a good wax/sealant that won't leave white residue?

Adams Quick Sealant! You can literally wipe it over everything including plastic, rubber, glass, and of course paint. It leaves NOTHING behind and holy crap does it last. One application is good for no less than 4 months in the hot and cold. I usually put two apps on at a time. One can will do 4-5 or more vehicles.

It's my go to DD product.

Remember, 90% or more of shine is from polishing. Your LSP just adds depth. My car after correcting is no shinier after applying my LSP of choice.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Last edited:

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, I just got my first black truck well even car for that matter and I'm scared to death of all the talk of how hard it is to take care of black. I've always used meguires products. I use to be a huge fan of the step products they had. The #1 paint cleaner was great. I'd follow it up with basically any wax and was pretty pleased. I just picked up some mequires black wax and there ultimate wash and wax. Any comments welcome on my choices. Good or bad since I'm just graduating for dish soap.

Welcome to obsession...having owned 6 black vehicles now they are more work but are by far the best looking when cleaned properly.

Now a few tips:
1. Don't use dish soap unless you are going to polish, wax, etc the truck. Dish soap is harsh and will strip most waxes leaving you unprotected. Buy some proper "car shampoo" and I don't like the turtle wax, armorall brands. Adams is a vendor here so they would be a good choice.

2. If your accustomed to using wool, cotton or chamois, stop that practice. Cheap towels will leave micro marring on the paint and in the sun you'll see small scratches and swirls. Buy some high end (not Walmart) microfiber towels and wash mitt. You'll use these for everything from washing, drying and even removing waxes and polishes. For example my towels are about 4 times thicker than what you would find at the auto parts store. If you ever drop a towel or wash mitt on the ground don't use it again till you have it properly cleaned. I even wash my towels by themselves and add some vinegar where the fabric softener would go to make sure all the soap is out, oh and use the "extra rinse" feature. I only use cheap towels on wheel wells. And no downy sheets in the dryer.

3. This might be overkill but I like to apply a quick detailer or spray wax after every wash. It doesn't add that much time to your overall job and adds a touch more protection. And you ALWAYS want to dry a car after washing.

4. As chewy stated, nothing beats polishing, the wax is more for protection, not shine. Polishing brings out the shine. If you want to cheat a bit use a high quality glaze before waxing and it will give the truck that "wet" look and can also hide small scratches.

Here's my truck after a full paint correction polish, finish polish (I call it jeweling), glaze, and wax. Show quality and you can put this thing under 1000 watt halogen lights and not see even a fine scratch. In fact I do all my polishing with the halogens at my back so you can see the results.

Enjoy the ride, I know, I'm obsessed....

null_zps5a42b64a.jpg

null_zpsd79979a9.jpg

null_zps50cc27b8.jpg

Last edited:

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Forgot to mention, don't use silicone based tires treatments, they'll turn your tires brown. As chewy taught me, Adams SVRT can be diluted with water and sprayed on to get into the nooks of aggressive tires. I like to apply my tire shine first and let it sit and soak in while waxing the truck. Then remove any excess

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
I'm not sure if this guy was mentioned in the previous pages, but he has some great tips and reminds me a bit of myself with the OCD...in a good way. Didn't see a youtube link so forgive me if I fudged it up.

[yt]htsl7ICY8Nw[/yt]

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like the Meguiars product line, I have had good success with the tech wax. Seems to really last. I usually put on 2 or 3 coats at a time and do it twice a year.

i use there spray detailer as well in between washes. and usually there car wash soap. Although currently i have swithed to a rain X car soap. It works good too.

I cant say its the best because I really have not tried anything else. I really like the fact that its a cream. I have a tub of turtle wax that i dont bother with. Just seems like extra work when its solid like that.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I use mostly all Zaino Bros. products..funny how years ago when I bought my Camaro it was highly touted and on this site years later it is not even mentioned. I have heard alot of good things about Adams...may have to try that sometime. I love how my Zaino is so durable and I just tried Zaion's sealer on my Ram so we will see how it holds up.

I too am surprised no one else mentioned Zaino wax. Again, I haven't had a vehicle since my 99 Saleen and my wifes 05 Vette to worry about detailing but Zaino was top dog then. Guess not so much anymore. I plan on claying her in the fall so I will have to make a wax decision by then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2