Detailing: How to Wax/Favorite Wax/Favorite Detailer

Favorite Wax Product/Favorie Detailer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too am surprised no one else mentioned Zaino wax. Again, I haven't had a vehicle since my 99 Saleen and my wifes 05 Vette to worry about detailing but Zaino was top dog then. Guess not so much anymore. I plan on claying her in the fall so I will have to make a wax decision by then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I also use Zaino. I've tried a lot of different products but I always seem to go back to Zaino. Great durability and pretty easy to use.

ncgatorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
3.0L ECO-Diesel
I've used the black box and fukken but have recently been using Zaino products and man it really makes the black truck pop. The paint feels so slick it's insane. Also using their tire dressing which isn't greasy and dries to a nice gloss.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had great success with meguires and turtle wax products I gave my brand new BLACK 2013 a quick wash today with mequires deep crystal wash, then used the turtle wax black detailer since I wash short for time and wow it did a great job I think im going to try the black box out like mentioned above.

What do you guys use to dry the truck? I always used one of those absorbers but im starting to think about trying one of those "microfiber drying towels" since the absorber streaks alot.... I use a microfiber sponge for wash and microfiber cloths for wax so think i might need to go all microfiber I also thought about trying one of those squeegees specially made for drying not the window squeegees lol but thought id see what some others use here

I learned a lot of stuff from watching videos at Adams, and for that I now buy their products. But they have a great Vid on drying. Basically they sheet water over the car, it draws the rest of the water off and there is very little left to dry - It works great

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I see some guys like Zaino products. My dad is hung up on them. I have to say they work well. I like Poor Boy's.. which I hardly ever see mentioned on here (if at all). The G8 forum got me on them. Decently priced as well. I just placed a $130 order with Adams for my new Ram, to give them a try.

Coop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've always like meguiars products, but after hearing a lot of good things about Turtle Wax Ice, I decided to give it a shot. My wife's Toyota needed a good shining, so that's a good place to try something new. I've not been a fan of Turtle wax in the past, but it's been 20 years since I've used their products and wax has come a long way in that time, so why not. Plus it was on sale... which is a bonus.

Wow. I'm impressed. The paste wax goes on easily, comes off easily and without much dust at all. Nice deep shine, and the finish is super smooth. So impressed that I had to wash the truck and put a coat of the spray wax on it. Looks great.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Quick question for y'all. I ordered a black 2500 CC 4X4. It's due in anytime. How long should I wait till I was it. And what do y'all recommend.

Edit: also, does anyone have a link to get some top of the line towels for drying and detailing. I sure don't want any swirl marks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...

PicRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Liquid Glass!!! Love this stuff. Originally for boats then the Covette guys got into it. Later re-formulated for cars, this stuff has been amazing over the years. I use it on all my stuff. Short story…

Had an BLACK truck parked at a mall. Some idiot decided to cave in my driver's door with a shopping cart. Completely caved with many long scratches. Brought it home, pulled off the inner door, popped the panel back out and then assessed. Used some Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner to take a shot at the scratches. Buffed them out in a few minutes, applied some new glass after a clean and NOTHING GOT TO THE PAINT!

As soon as the weather permits, it will go on the new Ram.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I generally hand wash, then FUKKEN... I know it can be used alone, but I still like to do the hand wash... Find it relaxing. Haha truck comes out like this every time :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390245689.172684.jpg

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
my black truck has nothing but chemical guys
washes are done with body wash and wax or my new favorite called "glossworkz"
waxes are whatever i feel like

i like to mix it up
blacklight
jetseal
petes 53
carnuba *** (but not often)

i use mostly blacklight and jetseal

and i must be doing something right. I use to use meguires or turtle wax ice, but then i realized i wasnt getting the shine/reflection/durability out of these "autozone special" waxes.

chemical guys for me...all the way

shiney1.jpg

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
^^ me too. The Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 High Gloss Spray Sealant is awesome stuff!

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
^^ me too. The Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 High Gloss Spray Sealant is awesome stuff!

bingo!
that stuff is great and its a sealant...extra protection

and it smells awesome too:sparta:

caine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I've used the black box and fukken but have recently been using Zaino products and man it really makes the black truck pop. The paint feels so slick it's insane. Also using their tire dressing which isn't greasy and dries to a nice gloss.

zaino for me too. their mild abrasive (z-pc fusion dual action paint cleaner swirl remover) did wonders on my firebird. followed with the z-2 pro show car polish makes black look unbelievable.

zainocarstuff_12_zpsf23eab2b.jpg
the spoiler has been done, the trunk deck below it had not been done yet.

zainocarstuff_10_zpsd6b8533b.jpg
done up to the bottle cap reflection. quite a difference.

firebirdwithbigguns_28_zps94d1687c.jpg
all done up.

hoping to get some on my truck soon.

Reactions: SyN

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Meguire's Ultimate Polish, IPA wipedown, FK1000 high temp paste wax (a true sealant). Love the stuff!

Detailer - Optimum No Rinse mixed according to label directions for detailer.

RamminJammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turtle wax black box kit! Second black vehicle I've owned and this stuff is great at removing residues and water spots. Truck looksbetter than the dealerships detailer did when I bought it on memorial day!

RamminJammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finished product

Here she's is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 120

Staff online

Forum statistics