Did an oil change with my kids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
DIY with Dad / RAM 6.4 HEMI oil change https://youtu.be/ooZhPS90ZrU

Had a lot of fun teaching my kids how to change the oil, they asked some great questions. I'm sure most of you know how to change your oil but this is more for someone that's never been around tools or is not mechanically inclined so I hope it's beneficial to at least somebody on here. Please watch!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love hearing this! One of the problems we have with kids today is the parents are not spending time doing "normal" stuff with their kids and it teaches them valuable "life skills" to boot. May be just another day for you, but I guarantee it meant the world to them and they'll be talking about for a long time dad, way to go!

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I had my daughter, 11 yrs old, with me but she thought it was gross crawling around the dirty garage floor.

01Ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Would like to watch it but cannot open it.

jljbtm

Reaction score
My kids learnd this years ago now they come home for an oil change. (this is where the tools are). By the time they started driving they could service their car and change a tire.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My kids loved doing stuff on Dad's truck, especially when Dad was with them. However, if I wasn't around that didn't stop em from doin' stuff ...

PICT0663.jpg

Loved seein' you and the kids workin' on the truck together!

OP
OP
DarthMegaHD

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love hearing this! One of the problems we have with kids today is the parents are not spending time doing "normal" stuff with their kids and it teaches them valuable "life skills" to boot. May be just another day for you, but I guarantee it meant the world to them and they'll be talking about for a long time dad, way to go!
Thanks man, I really appreciate the words of encouragement!

Dustin Steffey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DIY with Dad / RAM 6.4 HEMI oil change https://youtu.be/ooZhPS90ZrU

Had a lot of fun teaching my kids how to change the oil, they asked some great questions. I'm sure most of you know how to change your oil but this is more for someone that's never been around tools or is not mechanically inclined so I hope it's beneficial to at least somebody on here. Please watch!

This is awesome and I too am teaching my little girl about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DarthMegaHD

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is awesome and I too am teaching my little girl about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great Dustin! My daughter is pretty girly but that doesn't mean she has to be useless around a car!