Died after installing Edge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toolmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 24V
I just got done installing the Edge Juice/ Attitude CS2 on my 1998 24V with 160K. I was fortunate to be able to use my daughters heated pole barn since it is quite cold here.

It started up fine and ran smooth right off. I took it for a test ride and pulled over a couple miles out to let things warm and get familiar with the control. After about 5 minutes I set the control at 0 and ran it up to about 55 to get a feel. I then turned around and set it at 2 and punched it to the floor and was quite happy with the extra power. I was just about to back off at about 55 when it died completely. Coasted to a stop and tried to restart it. It cranked over good but nothing.

At this point the screen said "Failed to connect with juice. check all connections". I replugged the connections and still nothing. Tried this few more times, called the wife for a tow and at this time the guy who's house I was in front of came out.Turns out he has a 99 with a quadzilla and was quite familiar with this truck. (also recommended this site)He gave me tow back and started to look things over. Noticed that the voltage was 12.7. I just put mew batteries in last summer and had them topped off while doing the install. He also noticed that the control said it was cranking at about 220 RPM although it was cranking very enthusiastically he thought it should have read at least double that. Still nothing, he left and I towed it back in the shed.

I continued to get the failed to connect screen, disconnected everything removed both grounds from the batteries, reconnected them and still won't start. Disconnected the grounds again, reinstalled the Edge and still nothing with the failed screen again. Put the charger on over night. Had 12.9 this morning, no failed screen but still won't start.

I will call Edge Monday but am out of ideas for now. Also, I did not have a meter with me to check voltage at the posts.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an issue with a Superchips tuner install, but my truck would not even turn over, it was completely dead. It basically errored out on me during the middle of a tune install. Even after turning everything off and trying to reinstall my tuner was stuck on stupid, stuck in the same place it was when the error occurred.

Although not what you experienced, I wonder if the resolution is the same. I had to unplug negative and positive terminals on the battery and touch them together for about 30 seconds. Once I did that the tuner went back to the beginning of the install process, but I did the return to stock first and then completed the tune install successfully and truck turned over and has worked fine ever since, even after changing tunes many times.