Diesel lift on gas truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m having a tough time finding information on this. Has anybody put a lift kit that is designed for a Diesel engine on a gas truck? I’ve been told it will sit higher in the front because the springs are designed to support the weight of the diesel. If anybody has pics of a gas truck with a diesel kit in it or just knows how it will look, it would be really helpful. Thanks

2006 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

QuintanaP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.0
I think you're referring to the "caddy stance" and no, its not only for diesels. ALL you need to do is lift the front higher than the back.

nitro_rat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run stock 3500 diesel springs on the front of my 2500 gas. I have a ranch hand and winch. I sit the same height as a 3500 diesel with ranch hand and winch and 2” spacer. About 1” higher than stock. Rides much better than the stock gas springs.

I would say definitely no problem if you have a heavy bumper or winch. May be a little stiff if not.