Difference between 3.21 and 3.92 Axle Ratios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks. But where did you find that? OR is 3.21's the standard and it only shows up if there is a different ratio?

That's usually the case.

yup, chances are if it doesnt say anything it has 3.21's, or 3.55's if ecodiesel. i did look up your build sheet to confirm real quick though.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
This legality mumbo jumbo doesn't jive with me.
FIBs generally do what they want. For personal use you can take that chance.

I'll own a small utility trailer dealership and although most of my trailers are delivered to me, I'll be pulling a stack of 3-4 trailers 2-3 times per month (8,000 lbs is the most I'll probably pull) on flat terrain (I'm in N. Texas).
What concerns me TruckNoob is that you're using this truck for a commercial business. That is what should make the difference here. I wouldn't pull the 8,000lb load without talking to my dealership's insurance agent. You know what they'll say, but you should figure out what this could mean for your business.

Markcuda or anyone can make the decision a little easier when it's just their own **** on the line. If you have any employees, you are chancing their employment with the bigger loads. Stick to under the tow rating.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Markcuda or anyone can make the decision a little easier when it's just their own **** on the line. If you have any employees, you are chancing their employment with the bigger loads. Stick to under the tow rating.

Problem is that it's never just their **** on the line. It's not really a matter of if but more when they hit someone. I really couldn't care if Markcuda gets hurt (not that I hope he does) but he put himself in this situation, but the poor SOB he hits, is who I'm worried about. Hopefully they sue the crap out of him when it happens. Cause his insurance won't cover it.

Last edited:

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Cry me a river, you holier than thou peepsLOLOLOLOL
You waited just about a month to respond, you are sure with it, aren't weeeeeeee.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Markcuda I didn't wait just about a month to reply, I have a job and a life, which is something I wonder about you. But not my problem. You have every right to drive 90 MPH towing three time what your truck is rated for, as I stated I couldn't care less, but when you hit someone and you will, I hope you don't cause any injuries that make you not be able to look in the mirror. Because any injuries on the party you hit will be 100% your fault and no one elses. Accident happen but when you drive the way you claim to, it's no longer an accident you're out there looking and asking for it. Have a nice life hopefully it's a long one but I have my doubts.

beyond that you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Last edited: