disable auto park, can it be done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burnstork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I can back up with door open as long as seatbelt is fastened. For tasks that require belt off I bought the extenders on Amazon (2/$12 including shipping). They do the job but chime still sounds when starting the truck. You don't have to take this type off when you fasten the seat belt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Small update on this ...

Was finally able to get into the BCM on my 18 Ram using a new Security Module/OBD Bypass harness we are testing and saw the "Auto Park present" setting under vehicle config 4.
I'm getting ready to head out of town and can't test to see if turning this off gets rid of it but it might (using the AE Tool or similar). If I get a chance before I leave I will report back.

4fa1ef012603bb368b91389693316bdb.jpg

M² Mods.

ODLEO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2017 has it thanks to the dealership. Was told if I refused the recall work my warranty would be voided.
Can someone on the forum tell me who I can contact to see about this. I have tried to contact RamCares and speak with them

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My take on it is that it's listed as a campaign and not a recall

Fcas own definition is that a campaign is a non safety related fix. As far as I'm concerned that makes it optional.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ODLEO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is an update
I spent all this morning talking to the dealership and FCA, The dealership said the Auto park is a safety issue and FCA said is it a customer satisfactio
After several calls I was told that once it is enabled it can not be disabled. The matter has been refereed to the engineering section for a possible fix. I do like that the FCA rep the dealership and straightened out the issue that it is not a safety issue and if a customer states they do not want the auto park enabled it is not required.
unfortunately for me I might be stuck with this done to my truck until I trade it which is probably going to be so if they cant or wont fix their mistake

CWRAM17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently took my 2017 ram 1500 in for the recalls, I wish I wouldn't have I cant stand this autopark feature any udpates on how to bypass that ****?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again folks, if you just simply throw that seatbelt on either over you or behind you, you can back up for miles with that front door open and that auto park will never engage.

I mean after all, for the one time you might.... just might, try to step out or fall out with it still in drive or reverse, the auto park just might keep you from getting run over. I bet that actors family wishes his car would’ve had that auto park, he might still be alive and Chrysler wouldn’t have gotten slapped with a lawsuit. Just sayin, ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That works too. Defeats the safety aspect of the auto park but, that does work.

This solution leaves absolutely nothing left for the anti-auto parkers to cry about. If you tell them to buckle the seat belt behind them, they’ll cry about how much effort that takes. The extender is cheap, and only needs to be plugged in once and can be left there. Then, depending on the situation, you can either unplug the seatbelt from the extender, or unplug the seatbelt with the extender attached to it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This solution leaves absolutely nothing left for the anti-auto parkers to cry about. If you tell them to buckle the seat belt behind them, they’ll cry about how much effort that takes. The extender is cheap, and only needs to be plugged in once and can be left there. Then, depending on the situation, you can either unplug the seatbelt from the extender, or unplug the seatbelt with the extender attached to it.

That’s extraordinarily true but just one thing though... and I’m not sure if this does this on the 4th Gens or not but on my old 3rd Gen, one day when I finally I got tired of the seatbelt light always being on; I already disabled the reminder chime but the light bugged me enough to when I all the sudden got a wild hair up my ass to do something about it. I decided to find the wire that is inside the buckle and cut it, and splice it together, kinda doing the same thing as that extender which all that does, is complete the circuit. But only one problem.... the audible chimes I would hear like, when you left the key in the ignition, left the lights on, or the slow chimes that would sound right after you start it, would no longer sound.

Y2Rooster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
What if someone starts to carjack you and opens the door? Autopark makes you a sitting duck! Cant even floor it to get away.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What if someone starts to carjack you and opens the door? Autopark makes you a sitting duck! Cant even floor it to get away.

Lock the doors? Be wary of random goobers walking up to your driver door? If you open the door then floor it, it won’t go into auto park.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Lock the doors? Be wary of random goobers walking up to your driver door? If you open the door then floor it, it won’t go into auto park.
Yeah, I think every last straw has been grabbed now about this auto park. Seat belt already buckled? No auto park. Floorboard it...no auto park.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, if you do what the law requires you to do and put your seatbelt on before you ever drive away after getting in your car then the auto-Park won’t engage if your door suddenly comes open.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was on the salt flats with a 2019 classic and found if you had your foot resting on the brake it did not auto park
but would with belt on and door ajar
I meant to try on my 18 when I got home but forgot will try tomorrow

BarbersBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been backing my 48' flatbed for years only using mirrors, I back my 53' box trailer with only the mirrors as well.

I stand by my statement that anyone that has to open the door to back up a pickup with or without a trailer is an idiot.
That is like saying that a short person who can't dunk without a step stool is an idiot. Everyone is not equally gifted with spatial sense.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is like saying that a short person who can't dunk without a step stool is an idiot. Everyone is not equally gifted with spatial sense.

It’s not that hard to back a trailer. But you know, why even comment? It’s already been said time and time again on preventing the auto park from engaging so spatial sense or not, open that door if that’s what you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro