Discontinued Bilstein 5100's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irishcarbomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Discontinued Bilstein 5100's??? 3rd Gen (solved) // DIY

My Truck: 2002 Ram 1500 4x4 QC

I have been searching for the last two hours trying to find bilstein 5100s that fit my truck. i've checked summit and about 10 other websites and i can't find the front ones only rears. Did they discontinue making them? I checked Bilsteins website and didn't see the fronts either. Does anyone have a link or a recommendation on something equivalent to get?

I plan on cranking my Tbars and replacing my shocks but i can not find them anywhere :banghead:

**** Solved ****

Alright after continuing my search I came across this post (Which is a nightmare to read with part numbers thrown around like crazy) feel free to read if you'd like

SHOCK PART #'s for T-BAR CRANK - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

Basically these are the parts numbers
BILSTEIN

1)Bilstein 5100 series part # BE5-6243-H5

2)Bilstein 5125 series part # BE5-6140-T5

You will also need to order these:
Bushings 98108G (2.99$)
and
Sleeves 423730 (3.99$)

While doing searches for these I was using my truck as the search truck but according to this post it's technically for a different truck but supposed to fit. The lowest I have found is actually on amazon at 78$ a piece with free shipping. I'm going to try and get around to doing the install this weekend so we shall see how it goes.

Some DIY videos and how tos
Dodge Ram 2002-2008 3rd generation How to Replace Front and Rear Shocks - Dodgeforum
http://www.ramforum.com/f76/oem_front_shock_replacement_video-6039/

JNemec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I installed the Bilstein 5125 series part # BE5-6140-T5 for the front after my 2" leveling, along with the recommended bushings. I was not able to find the sleeves anywhere, so I ended up making my own sleeves with some material that I had on hand.

You might be able to use the stock bushings with out any sleeves, but I don't recommend this because it will wear out the bushings prematurely.

At the end of the day, the ride is MUCH better than even before the leveling with my stock shocks that had 80k miles on them. 10/10 would recommend.

I will be replacing the rear shocks with the Bilstein H5s in the near future, not be cause my stock ones are worn out yet, but because I suspect the ride improvement from Bilstein will be worth it.

OP
OP
I

irishcarbomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I actually did the install and heres the update:

The ride quality improved tremendously. I'm not sure how many miles the old shocks had on them but the truck has 205k. It's kind of tricky getting the new shocks in place since they are about 2" longer in length. So what I did was use a jack to compress the shock until I could bolt it in place. Overall wasn't too hard 4/10 difficulty. i'm not sure if it quite leveled it out I didn't take any before and after measurements.

DERRRRP: didn't crank T bars. it had been so long since i'd bought all the parts that I totally spaced that. Will update once I crank the bars lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

irishcarbomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
T Bars are cranked about 2 tightening rotations each side. I dont know why but i was thinking the bolts were going to be up front around the axle area not mid cab :banghead: it's sitting level nice just to take it in for the recommended tire alignment.