Display for clogged DPF

Discussion in '6.7 Common Rail' started by BananaHands, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BananaHands

BananaHands Junior Member

Ram Year:
    ????
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7
    Please forgive me if this is asked a lot, my search didn't answer my specific question. I'm not a ram owner yet, I'm still researching before I buy. I'm a fan of the 4th gens so I test drove a 2014 ram 2500 CTD this afternoon. I was under the impression there was a display in the menus that told you what percent the DPF is currently clogged. Is that not the case? I couldn't find it if it exists. There was a percent meter that said fuel filter but I have to assume they wouldn't label the DPF a fuel filter. The dealer didn't know either.
    Are there any years that do have a display indicating flow though the DPF? I've found a 2012 megacab CTD I really like but I really want to be able to keep an eye of this as it seems to be the main issue with these trucks.

Thanks for helping out a new guy,

Khris

2. MyTruck

MyTruck Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel 6.7
    I have a 2015. There are no gauges for the DPF regen. I can't really tell when it needs to regenerate or not. The only indication I can tell when I get out of the truck is the heat rising from under the chassis.

Carlo

3. Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 2500
    Engine:
    6.7L Cummins
    I have a 2014 with 32k miles.

No it does not say what percent your DPF is at. It only tells you when its doing a full regen, which the display will tell you that the DPF is 100% full/regen in process. In the time I've had it (from new) I have only seen it twice.

The truck will do its thing, on its own and clean the DPF. When its doing a passive regen, it wont tell you. I notice that my MPG goes down a bit when its doing a passive regen then notice my MPG go back up several miles later. At least that's what im thinking.

I don't idle a lot and do tow about 40-50% of the time. I hear it helps to tow

4. CDN Ram

CDN Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Laramie
    Engine:
    6.7L CTD
    I own a 2014 3500 with the cummins only 20K Miles on it, bought it new. I have never seen a DPF regen indicator on my dash. Arctic-Rodz what does this look like on the dash?

ramd likes this.