DIY Cup Holder Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
That looks awesome, nice job.

I ran heated seats on tucked the controllers in where the foam is in there so idk if I have any more room in there for more wires. Do you know what kind of draw the lights have? The seat heaters pull about 7 amps each when on high and that's pushing the limits of the 15amp main fuse already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaizeNBlue

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I don't know the amp's. .. I'm sure they can't be much being led's...I'm sure you could always email them and ask, or tap into a different source... cigarette lighter was going to plan D for me

Last edited:

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know the feeling...this forum has cost me a lot of money!

Lol. Well shoot. Looks like I've got another mod on the list!! How's the output at night as far as being distracting? Thinking maybe I'll ad a rheostat to adjust the brightness or maybe tap into the headlight circuit as you originally planned. Great write up and idea [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MaizeNBlue

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are fine at night, no issues at all. . If you end up tapping into the headlight switch....let me know what wires you used. They don't bother me being on during the day time ... just seem a little out of place is all.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
they are fine at night, no issues at all. . if you end up tapping into the headlight switch....let me know what wires you used. they don't bother me being on during the day time ... Just seem a little out of place is all.

yes please!

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's on my list lol. I'll check the wiring this week and let you guys know. Should be pretty simple to tap off of [emoji106].

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i should have done this when i did my foot well leds all around. was wondering how to do the cupholders. and now i know. probably tap into the interior lighting like my footwells so they autodim and such. having them on all the time might be a nusiance

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i should have done this when i did my foot well leds all around. was wondering how to do the cupholders. and now i know. probably tap into the interior lighting like my footwells so they autodim and such. having them on all the time might be a nusiance

Where did you tap your lighting? Behind the control panel? I was going to go figure it out this weekend but if you already did it let us know lol

OP
OP
MaizeNBlue

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The express has oem foot well wires already there ( just not the actual light, you also don't have a under the hood light, or a cabin air filter...just fyi)..... there is a thread about it somewhere. If I recall the drivers side is taped up with a harness up right where the oem light would normally be. The passenger side is little more tricky, but it's there.... I just tapped into those when I added my foot well and door sil lights

Attachments

• 13346729_10154253332334314_5974961076026546902_n.jpg
    13346729_10154253332334314_5974961076026546902_n.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's on my list lol. I'll check the wiring this week and let you guys know. Should be pretty simple to tap off of [emoji106].

Thought I would dust this off! I still haven't found an answer and I'm striking out on my own!

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol. Well shoot. Looks like I've got another mod on the list!! How's the output at night as far as being distracting? Thinking maybe I'll ad a rheostat to adjust the brightness or maybe tap into the headlight circuit as you originally planned. Great write up and idea [emoji106]

They are fine at night, no issues at all. . If you end up tapping into the headlight switch....let me know what wires you used. They don't bother me being on during the day time ... just seem a little out of place is all.

I was referring to having the cup holder leds come on with the headlights.

Glefevre87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone done this tapped into the headlights? I know the question has been asked but I don't see any answers. I have a 16' CC with center console

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you tap into the interior lights and set them to come on when your lights are on they'll come on. If you want them to stay on you can just run a switch from same line. To tap directly from the headlight circuit you can either tap behind the console switch that controls the headlights or run thru the firewall directly to your drivers headlight power.
Depends on how handy you are with a tester And line fishing