DIY: V6 E-fan Install (alternative swap procedure)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
There are plenty of posts on the E-fan install, but I have not found one that easily addresses one of the very first steps: clutchfan retaining nut removal, without having to hit a wrench with a hammer/mallet.

Plenty of Youtube videos out there (even Matt's awesome video below) show how to put a crescent wrench (14-16in) on the nut, while using a flatbar with 2 bolts drilled in it to hold the pulley in place.

Instead, I go at it from the bottom. I used the Autozone/O'reilly free rental tool, swapped out their fasteners with the ones I show in the pics. Crescent wrench turns CLOCKWISE to break the nut loose. It took 30 seconds and I muscled it without resorting to hammering it.

The fan swap is as easy as Matt makes it look here. And as you can see from my pics below, there is PLENTY of room now in the engine bay to get future mods, repairs done.

@Hemi450hp (Matt) , thanks for the great how to!

vBWNrjSGSjqTuDzAf1dIkw.jpg

j48es486RIKDMTPQIa1isg.jpg

lsNMGEmbSgmuKEXLzCrNGA.jpg

o1Cmy+xYRkCm8VWK2%q6Sw.jpg

Last edited: