Do you practice reloading from concealment?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by JJEH, Jul 23, 2015.

1. JJEH

JJEH Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I love how many pros can run their guns (instead of their mouths) and I try to get to this level one day.

I recently tried to recreate the VTAC re-load drill. This is my second run of the drill and it was almost 100 degree but I will not use this as an excuse.

If you compare it to the VTAC video you'll clearly see a difference but I chose my EDC gear for a reason. To get better...

Me shooting the VTAC re-load drill

This is a very important aspect b/c having the gun on a table in front of you for you to pick up is one thing. But being outside and having to draw is something else. And if you are too slow you'll lose.

2. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Point well made. There is no substitute for PRACTICE, both drawing and reloading and marksmanship. I like that you use the rig you carry.
    Jay

JJEH likes this.
  3. JJEH

JJEH Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Thank you sir, I sure appreciate it.

It's crucial that you practice with what you carry and not just with your range rig.

Rzrman328 and Pull Ya like this.
  4. Rzrman328

Rzrman328 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Agree completley.

I see tons of YouTube videos of people shooting from static positions. That's great in all but what about in real world enviroment situations.

In an enemy situation, your target isn't going to be standing still. At least enemy's I've seen (iraq).

Every time I go out practicing, I ensure that I do at least several on-the-move drills. Including drawing and returning to holster and speed re-loads for both pistol and my AR.

Even got the ole lady on board. Ha

5. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Time well spent. It might be more important now than ever!!!!
    Jay

6. Casper

Casper Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    Brings back memories of when I used to carry an S&W M-10 .38 Special in a Sam Brown rig with two speed loaders. Used to burn the $hit out of the lower palm of my offhand when reloading during requalification. That always made the final drill shooting three rounds double action from concealment with the offhand tough with emerging blisters--and those points were a nice, sometimes critical, addition to the qualification score if you could hit center mass.

7. LMarshall73

LMarshall73 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Dry fire and reload drills are part of my daily repertoire. I'd recommend mixing in some occasional force on force training with airsoft/blue guns.First time you go head to head with someone using airsoft (drawing from concealment) you can really see the holes in your game.

https://youtu.be/82ShXSEIkNg