Do you wax the windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slate Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I've always waxed the sunroof on my wife's car. As I was applying the wax today, I got wondering if it would help keep the glass clean.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
when i go to the carwash i usually wax the **** out of the windows haha. rain just beads right off, usually dont even have to turn the wipers on. as far as helping keep it clean i would imagine it would help, would make the window "slicker" i guess.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I use fukken on mine. works great!

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
i havent used fukken yet, used rain x though and it worked awesome. need to get some of that fukken wax!

Rollincoal420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oh6
Engine
C
Used to wax mine from time to time, but like said above, rain x seems to last longer. Seems like the actual super blade take away from the wax

Samsung SCH-I510 tapatalkin 2 u

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you really want to "wax" the windshield, use a polish such as Nu-Finish instead.
But, like the others I just use Rain-X fluid all year long and that miracle fluid takes care of everything. I know you can get little bottles of Rain-X specifically for this, but using the fluid all year does nearly the same thing IMO.
(Because our winters are so cold &long, I use winter fluid all year so I don't have to worry about bug fluid freezing)

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rain x outside. Fukken inside. Works awesome

TW ICE works good on the outside also... I'm going to try Fukken on the inside... I would bet it works great

Rollincoal420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oh6
Engine
C
So what does the wax on the inside do? Prevent the windshield from fogging up like that fog-x ****?

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate rain x..i drive a rig and that **** sucks during the winter..All i see it do was leave a greasey film and when you need to reapply its gotta be 50f or hotter outside..
If i were to do anything i would use a good wax,it dont smear when used on a cold windshield or when dept of highways sprays that anti iceing crap on the roads..
If your windshield just needs a good cleaning(before waxing/rain x the 1st time)i like a tooth brush and tooth paste..Big bonus is that your windshield will smell minty fresh toooo

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Sealants will last a WHOLE hell of a lot longer on them... A true "Wax" (carnuba based) will wear off VERY quickly with windshield wiper use and high heat. A true glass sealant is the only way to go IMO.

A glaze is nice to put on if you're showing it.

Rain-X causes my wipers to skip like a champ... I use another brand that's proven much better.

Also, clay the windshield before applying anything.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Use what the detailers use, nothing is better the Aquapel and now they sell it at costco.

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is another great choice. Also it is easy to apply, whereas Aquapel needs to be applied correctly with gloves on.

Nothing wrong with Rain X either, it just doesn't last as long as Aquapel or CS. The problem is the surface of Glass doesn't hold wax, it benefits from a cross linking polymer that binds to itself to give better longevity. Even the best products need to be reapplied in a month of use.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I am another rain-x fan. I only use the rain-x washer fluid though. We dont get many hard freezes down south though, so I dont know if they make a washer fluid that will work up north.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I use rainx wiper fluid and it helps in the winter once the windshield warms up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

daoshao

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use rain x on all windows after a car wash or detail.