Dodge Ram 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

croaker567

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a brand new 5.7 hemi in it. I was going to do the tmr delete and install the sonnax plug. I also would like to put a shift kit in and a tuner. Its lifted 6" with 37s. If I do the shift kit with this do any harm to my drivetrain because it has 37s? And would the tuner mess with any of the other mods? I searched a while for the answers and haven't really found much. Also is there any other mods or things I could do to improve performance besides tearing into the motor? Just got the engine in so not really wanting to cam it. Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks

*I accidentally posted this under truck of the month first so how do I delete that? Lol

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a brand new 5.7 hemi in it. I was going to do the tmr delete and install the sonnax plug. I also would like to put a shift kit in and a tuner. Its lifted 6" with 37s. If I do the shift kit with this do any harm to my drivetrain because it has 37s? And would the tuner mess with any of the other mods? I searched a while for the answers and haven't really found much. Also is there any other mods or things I could do to improve performance besides tearing into the motor? Just got the engine in so not really wanting to cam it. Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks

*I accidentally posted this under truck of the month first so how do I delete that? Lol

Took care of that other thread for you.
As for the rest of your thread, I'll let someone with knowledge on shift kits chime in.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
The shift kit wont hurt your drivetrain. it is just going to firm up shifts in your transmission for you. You shouldn't have any problems with it hurting your truck.

FL2HOTT21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
hey croaker567, wish i could help ya out on this one but im not familiar with the topic. but maybe you could help me out, iv got an 05 ram 1500 with the 3.7 under the hood, i got the truck for a good price and i plan on building it up and would first like to start out by swapping out the 3.7 for the beast hemi 5.7, where did you get your new motor, how much did it cost$$ and did u do the install? i appreciate the help :peace:

OP
OP
C

croaker567

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a short block from maabco motors out of texas. It was 1650 and 200 shipping. You'd still need that heads and I don't know what else. Heads are fairly expensive. Mines lifted with 37s and will still break the tires pretty easily

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01