Dodge Ram stalling very disappointed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billybutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my 04 3 rd gen Dodge Ram 5.7 hemi is doing my head in.
HELPHELPHELP
Codes weak bank 1&2. Can’t sort it.
Running on petrol it keeps stalling and dropping out ****** me off. No codes. Drop into neutral fires up straight away throttle erratic
On lpg. No problem at all apart from weak bank codes. Can anyone help me I’m in Uk and can’t find anyone who can sort this. Neil Harrods Mansfield looked at it charged me didn’t sort it. HELP DESPERATELY REQUIRED

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
That sounds like an upstream (before the catyletic converter) oxygen sensor to start out with. Does the code say which side is bad? You will have a sensor on both sides of the engine on the exhaust pipe

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
From the sounds of the codes it would be those sensors. Unfortunately they run about $45 a piece or more. It’s recommended to use NGK brands, I’ve heard several people complain about issues running Bosch or other brand for some reason in the trucks

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
When I was dealing with o2 sensors that was the same problem you described. It would barely idle, had no power and ran like crap

OP
OP
B

billybutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why would it run on lpg better than petrol surely it still needs the o2 working
On gas it never stalls.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
The truck has a coversion kit so it can run on lpg and it has been running on the stuff it might be tuned to run on lpg instead of petro.Don't know much about lpg but i have converted a generator so it could run on petro lp and propane but it had a carb and had regulators to control the fuel pressure .I do know lpg doesn't produce as much power has petro .Do you know if the computer has been reprogrammed to run both? That might your problem this is a wild guess so don't take it the wrong way this is a hunch.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
No experience using LPG, but this sounds like a gas problem. I would the fuel rail pressure. Should be 58psi running.