Does your truck "lean/sag" to the right??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
I just started noticing that my truck leans or sags a bit to the right, even with a full tank of gas it still sags. The Front end looks fine, but if you look at the truck from the rear, it is noticeable on the rear.

Anybody else have this issue?

-Sam

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Look under and look at your shocks sounds like a worn out shock or a broke spring.Look and see if any oil is leaking out of it.If so its going to need replacing .

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Look under and look at your shocks sounds like a worn out shock or a broke spring.Look and see if any oil is leaking out of it.If so its going to need replacing .

I've looked under there, no broken leaf springs and the shocks seem ok but could possibly need to be replaced. Just surprised a shock would possibly cause that much leaning.

tylerlewis_89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After getting new tires I took my truck in for a wheel alignment not once but 3 times and my wheel was still not centre. I then noticed that it looked like it was sagging on the right so I went under my truck to take a look and noticed my shock on the right side was leaking and was about .5" to an inch lower then the left. Still baffled on how the alignment shop didn't notice. So if I were you I would look at shocks and springs and grab a tape measure and do some measuring

2011 Laramie crew,295/65R20 Toyo AT2s extreme,bully dog tuner, led light conversion inside and out, iron cross bumper,12,000lbs warnwinch 1/2" spectra line,levelled,red bumper halos with led fog lights,black grills with led pods behind

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First of all how many miles are on your truck and if the shocks ever been change if the truck is getting on up in miles and never been changed out there is your problem.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have replaced shocks that didn't leak a drop if you know how to test to check a bad you will notice that you truck when you push down on the front and rear bumper it doesn't rebound much and also measure both sides and you will find out .

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
After getting new tires I took my truck in for a wheel alignment not once but 3 times and my wheel was still not centre. I then noticed that it looked like it was sagging on the right so I went under my truck to take a look and noticed my shock on the right side was leaking and was about .5" to an inch lower then the left. Still baffled on how the alignment shop didn't notice. So if I were you I would look at shocks and springs and grab a tape measure and do some measuring

2011 Laramie crew,295/65R20 Toyo AT2s extreme,bully dog tuner, led light conversion inside and out, iron cross bumper,12,000lbs warnwinch 1/2" spectra line,levelled,red bumper halos with led fog lights,black grills with led pods behind

Thanks Tyler. Ill try replacing the shocks in the rear and see if anything changes.

CUAviator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As a matter of fact, yes. And it even looks as though there is less space from the tire to the wheel well on the right side than the left. I took mine into the shop and they said everything was fine...checked the shocks (about a 3 years old), leaf springs, etc. It drive ok, but yes - it looks like it's leaning right. I'd be interested to hear if anyone finds anything that would cause this.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
As a matter of fact, yes. And it even looks as though there is less space from the tire to the wheel well on the right side than the left. I took mine into the shop and they said everything was fine...checked the shocks (about a 3 years old), leaf springs, etc. It drive ok, but yes - it looks like it's leaning right. I'd be interested to hear if anyone finds anything that would cause this.

My 2015 leans to the passenger side. The dealer claimed it was a misaligned bed given the appearance. They attempted to fix it 4 times. Still leans. I new it wasn't the bed because the cab leaned. Trucks done it since new. I have narrowed it down to a spring issue, I have brought this up to my dealer but they refuse to do anything about it, even though it's been an on going issue.

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Replaced ALL 4 shocks, even added Ride-Rite helper springs to assist in leveling the rear of the truck when towing my trailer and with or without air in the bags, it leans to the passenger side. Was like that before I placed the springs and even after. It's annoying. I'm almost thinking about adding a 1/2" spacer between the axle the right side springs just to get it to even out. lol