Doing a DPF Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Need help with installing a DPF Delete. Buying one he soon and have no idea how to install it. minus the installation of the down pipe. What else do i need to know?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Need help with installing a DPF Delete. Buying one he soon and have no idea how to install it. minus the installation of the down pipe. What else do i need to know?
I see you have an '08 listed in your profile. If that is the truck you are doing this on you have it pretty easy.

Step 1 install delete tuner
Step 2 unplug all connectors for sensors attached to exhaust pipes you are removing
Step 3 install new exhaust pipes
Step 4 drive truck with huge smile on your face.

Thats pretty much it.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I see you have an '08 listed in your profile. If that is the truck you are doing this on you have it pretty easy.

Step 1 install delete tuner
Step 2 unplug all connectors for sensors attached to exhaust pipes you are removing
Step 3 install new exhaust pipes
Step 4 drive truck with huge smile on your face.

Thats pretty much it.

Greg

As easy as that? Hardest part is welding I take it?

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Depends on your delete exhaust kit. I just did a delete pipe from Flo~pro which is 100% bolt on. No welding required.

Greg

Awesome I was looking into just the pipe from Flo-Pro

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Will a Bully Dog GT programmer work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I don't think so. If I were you I'd find an old h&s race tuner that does deletes, or get efi live. Efi live would be about the best due to how customizable it is.

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Depends on your delete exhaust kit. I just did a delete pipe from Flo~pro which is 100% bolt on. No welding required.

Greg

Can I use any stainless steel pipe or is there something specific behind the delete pipe?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Can I use any stainless steel pipe or is there something specific behind the delete pipe?
Any stainless should be fine. I know some guys made their own with a section of 4" exhaust pipe and just welded a flange to mate up the the down pipe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted

As Power247 stated, no a Bullydog GT won't support deletes. If you want to stay simple then a Smarty is the easiest/cheapest option. From there you could look into an H&S XRT Pro or MiniMaxx and could eventually add custom tuning to it, or go full out with EFI Live which is the best option for a 3rd gen 6.7. All depends on how deep into it you want to get.

Technically any piece of 4" pipe would work but you will need the flanges on it. You're far better off just buying a delete pipe from Flo-Pro as it's directly bolt in then.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
might want to look into doing a egr plates while your at it. Dodge 6.7 2007-2008 EGR/Cooler Delete

Also H&S used to have a kit that I installed on an 08 that had a plug in fooler at each sensor in the exhaust. worked well and you could run any tuner of choice as all it did was tell the computer the dpf was there and operating in range. but I cant get on HSperformance website to see.

Its a very easy installation and the one I put in was a turbo back bolt in system with no welding, cutting or anything required. We made our own EGR block of plates though. truck ran way way better, fuel mileage increased and so did power and response. that truck I installed a Edge Juice chip. but would recommend a H&S minimax or EFIlive if you have a good diesel shop that knows how to tune with it.

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
might want to look into doing a egr plates while your at it. Dodge 6.7 2007-2008 EGR/Cooler Delete

Also H&S used to have a kit that I installed on an 08 that had a plug in fooler at each sensor in the exhaust. worked well and you could run any tuner of choice as all it did was tell the computer the dpf was there and operating in range. but I cant get on HSperformance website to see.

Its a very easy installation and the one I put in was a turbo back bolt in system with no welding, cutting or anything required. We made our own EGR block of plates though. truck ran way way better, fuel mileage increased and so did power and response. that truck I installed a Edge Juice chip. but would recommend a H&S minimax or EFIlive if you have a good diesel shop that knows how to tune with it.

Something I'll look into in a bit. Just spent $825 on a Mini Maxx programmer

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So got my Mini Maxx today. (Bought it used) how do I tap the fuse. All videos show one wire going into the fuse. The wire included has two inside. 1 red 1 black. Need help!!

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
You just need to run the red wire to a keyed power source. It needs to be a source that stays on when the truck cranks over to start. The black wire isn't needed (it's just a ground) because the MiniMaxx will ground through the OBDII port.