Door lock Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper21700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
98 CTD 12 Valve- Half the valves, twice the fun
Ok gents,
Anyone know where to get the passenger side actuator for the rams? My 98's electric door lock stopped locking the door on that one side. I can hear the motor, but its not locking the door anymore. How hard are they to change as well?

Also anyone have an extra factory stereo/cd/tape deck that works they want to get rid of? My volume has about gone the way of the dodo.

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My gf does but youd have to buy it.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If I remember right, roll the window up, pull the door panel and it's 3 bolts and the connector and it's out

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I got a universal actuator on both doors I'll try to get you a pic. my passenger one messed up so I gotta redo it

Tapatalk Addict

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
All of the above. Pretty easy to access. I've had my door panel of several times and seent he little booger. But it will be fun getting it to come out the holes in the door. Gonna almost need noodle arms sometimes. lol

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
All of the above. Pretty easy to access. I've had my door panel of several times and seent he little booger. But it will be fun getting it to come out the holes in the door. Gonna almost need noodle arms sometimes. lol

I can verify this statement hah

Tapatalk Addict

DukeCity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I have changed mine before and got used ones off eBay. They were out of a neon and much cheaper than the ram ones and the were the exact same ones

dannytas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's an update on my door lock actuator: I finally had a little time to burn so I took out the door latch. Non eventful. Disconnected the 4 actuator arms, unplugged the wire harness and unscrewed the 3 tork bolts. When I connected the door lock switch and applied power, I could hear the motor work, but it wasn't moving the lock arm. So I sprayed carb cleaner on the unit and cleaned all the gunk off. Then reconnected the lock switch and activated...it worked. Then I put it all together and it still worked. So before you spend the bucks for a new power door lock latch, take it out and clean it, it just might save you money. :)

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's an update on my door lock actuator: I finally had a little time to burn so I took out the door latch. Non eventful. Disconnected the 4 actuator arms, unplugged the wire harness and unscrewed the 3 tork bolts. When I connected the door lock switch and applied power, I could hear the motor work, but it wasn't moving the lock arm. So I sprayed carb cleaner on the unit and cleaned all the gunk off. Then reconnected the lock switch and activated...it worked. Then I put it all together and it still worked. So before you spend the bucks for a new power door lock latch, take it out and clean it, it just might save you money. :)

Sometimes it's that easy.

BruceTheLoveTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum V8
I got one from the Dodge dealer for like $4. They are really cheap. I had a car audio company put it in for me because they were installing speakers anyways