Door Rattle Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GzNutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A few days ago my 1500 developed an annoying rattle in the driver's side door. It sounds like plastic tapping on plastic at the bottom of the window sill. Anyone else experience this or have any speculation to what it may be before I remove the door panel?

This is a video of the noise:

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have no clue what that is but that would drive me insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree that would drive me nuts

OP
OP
G

GzNutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
After a day above freezing the noise is gone. Seems all that clatter was from a piece of ice that had either formed or fallen into the door. Crazy [emoji848]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would pull the outer door panel and look for any of the plastic tags that go on the various parts that make up the door panel. Air moving around between the door panel could be you problem? I would also remove the side dash panel and look there for the same thing. You can remove both and then take it for a drive and see if you can isolate it any better? Just what I'd do. Hope it helps.

Matt513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for this post @GzNutz. I had to same noise coming from my door after the first cold night and I was upset. Hopefully, it's just a piece of ice and melts away in the garage this afternoon.