Double din install issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just installed a double din today (JVC) and have a few questions/issues. I used a Radio pro 4 interface. I have no vehicle information available on the screen, the icon is greyd out. I'm wondering if this interface is just a generic and not capable of showing that info? Not a super big deal as I have an edge tuner. The other question/ issue I have is that the USB in the armrest does not work. The blue light works but when I plug it it I get " usb hub not supported" everything is hooked up properly, I "followed" the directions mostly. Any thoughts? Maybe I need to update the interface?

Attachments

• IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 102

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
To get the USB to work in the arm rest you need the maestro uram (I believe it's called) replacement USB hub. There is something in the chip in the factory USB plug that doesn't communicate with aftermarket units. I'm not sure on the harness you used but I'm guessing that you'd need the idatalink maestro rr and corresponding harness (ch3 I think) to be able to access that feature

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I was looking at the idata USB adapter info on crutchfield. It says that radio must have a USB in order to work. My stereo has a data connection that connects to a USB cable. Is this the same thing or do I need to have an actual USB on the back of my radio for this adapter to work?

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
most aftermarket head units now days have some way of hooking up a USB device.? Do you mean it has an interface cable to USB port?