Double Din Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The joys of modding. Lol. I bet there is something loose in there. Im guessing the buzzer doesn't go off with the engine off key in the ignition and the door off? Maybe a loose ground or a short somewhere you were working

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Could be those wires in there.

I will try and get a picture tonight. Its not pretty, and its just sitting in there not fully mounted. It was fun routing the wires behind the radio though

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah, I had popped the top cover about all the way off by accident,cuz I used quite a bit of force, so maybe it unplugged something..will have to check today when I get off work

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
yeah, i bet its in there.

Out of curiosity Cody, what size screw driver did you use to un screw your column cover? i had a little bit of time this morning and wanted to look in my column (i get bored and take things apart so i know whats what and how to do it in a pinch without braking stuff) and none of my Phillips would bite. I am assuming they used phillips heads since everything else when it comes to trim seams to be phillips.... (VWs use torx screws, thos b******s....)

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
LOL there are 3 screws at the bottom, one is in the open (middle one) and the two outside ones are recessed pretty deep....they are I think it was a 20 torx bit...LOL

Tapatalk Addict

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
damnit. lol. I had a feeling they were going to be torx....i love torx because they never slip, but i hate 'em because all my torx stuff is in my garage, not in my truck so i couldn't really mess with it in the parking lot. lol.

And to get somewhat on subject, In my searching i've found many touchscreens with every option i want in the price range i want...7" touch screen, DVD/CD/Bluetooth/GPS/back up camera. and so on....but the one option which for me is a must...3 sets of pre outs...is not there in the price range i want. lol. Why can i have full GPS navigation in russian, but not 3 pre outs so i can run an amplifier for my speakers as well as my sub? so far they all have 1 set of pre outs....well the attempts to save money will just have to continue until i can find exactly what i want. lol

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Have you thought about just doing a piggy back setup??

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
what do you mean? (i'm still quite new to audio builds, this is the first system i've put into something and am not looking to brake the bank)

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Maybe something like this could solve my issue...

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-NS60-...keywords=speaker+level+to+line+level+adapters

its an adapter for home stereo systems. for systems that are not set up to run an amplifier for the speakers (just like the problem i am looking at) and covnerts the high level speaker lines to low level RCA lines. In my head, there really isn't a HUGE difference between car audio, and home audio. besides the location, car vs home. home speakers work jsut as good in cars, and car speakers work just as good in the home (that much i know for sure since i've done it) so i think something like this may work perfectly...what are you thoughts?

Also, just realized my amp has high level inputs so i don't need to convert to RCAs....anyone know what i should expect different between running RCAs and the High level input?

Last edited:
OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
mm cant comment cuz I dont have eexperience doing amps/speaker work, just amp/sub

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
if the consensus is don't covnert, i need to find out if my buddy still have the pig tail for the level input, or see if i can find the jack. the amp is JL audio e4300. time to do some checking around if i can find that pigtail online somewhere...

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
maybe post in another thread, we have some audio guys who know their **** here

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
good call, even though the majority of this thread is very off topic, lol. you get into your column yet today and find the loose wire? or waiting on free time?

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
as a matter of fact I did!

was a blown fuse! little bugger

will post a pic in a edit, gotta upload it real quick

edit: for anyone wanting to know what It looks like under there