DPF Delete using SIMS instead of tuner??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Power247

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks Don!

For some additional info... I purchased my Flo~Pro DPF delete pipe and 100 ohm SIMS from Rolling Smoke Diesel. Like I posted before I wanted to keep the factory downpipe (which houses the CAT) for a simple return if needed but they also sell a kit that includes a replacement downpipe (no CAT) and DPF delete as a single package. You would want to get them 'with bungs' because you need to transfer the O2 sensors. The SIMS only replace the 4 Temp sensors. I sent you some info in PM. There is a lot to read but there is good stuff there.

Something to remember... this will only take care of the DPF and Regens... the EGR will continue to function and dump soot into the engine. for 2011 and up the only way to stop this is with a delete capable tuner.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

WhiteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CCLB
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've gone the usual way with a H&S mini maxx tuner and 5" all the way back. No muffler no CATs

OP
OP
Power247

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just got back from my 300 mile round trip to Charlotte and got just over 20mpgs. Traveling on rural highways and through several small towns with stoplights and well monitored 25mph zones.

The best I could get before deleting was 18mpg and that driving well before dawn and babying it the whole way.

Once again very happy!! The investment has easily proved its worth. Plenty of unrestricted power when I want it and fuel economy when I need it.

tap tap tappa-roo

Last edited: