Dragon Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just thought I'd throw this out there and see what ya'll think. I'm a member of a Yamaha FZ8 (motorcycle) forum and we organized a Dragon Ride with each other and had five guys show up with the same FZ8's. Think about how cool it would be to get a bunch of us Ram folks together and take on the Dragon. In case you don't know what the Dragon is it is a world famous road with 300 something curves in 11 miles!!! I've got furlough days on Fridays so I'm down if we could get some folks together.

Absolutely awesome area too, for anyone that hasn't made it to my little part of the world. If you like mountains great place to visit.

OP
OP
PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, it was a lot of fun on a sportbike. When you see the road your like "WTF." Actually there are better roads than the dragon in that area too. One issue I have with the dragon is all of the turns you are constantly turning really. Might not be too good on a passendger as far as car sickness goes. My favorite road is actually 348 Richard B Russell pkwy out of Helen GA. Helen is a cool little town too.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, it was a lot of fun on a sportbike. When you see the road your like "WTF." Actually there are better roads than the dragon in that area too. My favorite road is actually 348 Richard B Russell pkwy out of Helen GA. Helen is a cool little town too.

What he said - But for the record, its 318 curves in 11 miles - I've been going on Bikes for 21 years. Its a lot different now, but we still go twice a year. In fact just got back 3 weekends ago.

Helen is a cool little town. Last year 2 skanks posed ******* on mine and a buddies bike for one of their husband, that the other one also sleeps with. I would post a pic (of course I took one too) but I'm not sure of the rules here. So instead I will post these pictures from another time down there.

There are days and days worth of roads down there much better than the Dragon - BUT everyone has to do it at least once, I think it is a rule or something :party36:

In fact - my Avatar is from the recent trip. You can't see the trailer of bikes, but you can see the chains under it -

Attachments

• IMG_20110604_184931.jpg
    IMG_20110604_184931.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20110604_191426.jpg
    IMG_20110604_191426.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: PX8
OP
OP
PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nice! We've got so much rain over the last couple of weeks I was told that the picnic area near cool water tubing is two foot under water. I'd love to get up there and tube right now. I honestly can't remember the last day it hasn't rained at my house.

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! We've got so much rain over the last couple of weeks I was told that the picnic area near cool water tubing is two foot under water. I'd love to get up there and tube right now. I honestly can't remember the last day it hasn't rained at my house.

Now that's a lot of rain right there, and if it keeps raining like that you might want to keep a tube handy.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How about a thread with the FZ8. I used to have an FZ1, I was tempted to get a FZ8, but it sounds like it's just a deeply downgraded FZ1 with a nekked front.

OP
OP
PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've riden both and eventhough the 8 turns a lot of heads the fz1 is so much a better bike in all sort of ways. Course it's more expensive and drinks more gas. I went with the 8 for the smaller price tag and insurance.

Silvercreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been there a couple of times on my Gold Wing. It nice riding until some dummy has to show off.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Hi Where is this place? I've heard of it before because I have a sport bike of my own but I don't know where it is.
I think a big Ram Fest would be awesome. I'd go. I had a Corvette Z06 and a Z06 forum I was a member of had an annual meet at the Corvette museum and manufacturing plant in Bowling Green, Ky. About 170 of us would show up every year. It was near a race track so we would set up races, back road tours to distilleries like Makers Mark, they're was always a car show and corvette vendors would show up for the weekend. It was always Friday through Sunday and everyone would stay in two hotels that were side by side. It was so much fun to meet the people we chat with daily and the relationships on the forum got better because the names now came with faces. I think with trucks we can do so much more than with corvettes! I'd be down for a weekend with you gear heads. I think it should be organized. Are the forum heads reading this?

Here are some ideas for events events;
1) Truck show
2) 4x4 fun
3) Road tour (heads will turn with 200 Ram trucks driving by)
4) drag races
5) if it's near the plant we could get plant tours and see how our trucks are being built.
Of course there would probably be hanging out at night after dinner. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!

Last edited: