drivers side door not locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
So when i use the button inside to lock the doors, the pass side locks and unlocks fine but the drivers side will unlock but will not lock. i have just been pushing it down my hand to lock it, but has anyone else had this problem? i pulled the little plunger off and didnt see anything wrong. may take the door panel off to see

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So does the door not lock with either switch?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My door switch won't lock the truck if it's running, only unlock. If I turn the switch off, both switches work.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
I notice my pass. window won't roll down. usually if you don't hear a click when you push the controls in either direction the control switch needs to be replaced.

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
So does the door not lock with either switch?
Drivers side will always unlock but will only lock maybe 10% of the time. Randomly will work on occasion

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
I notice my pass. window won't roll down. usually if you don't hear a click when you push the controls in either direction the control switch needs to be replaced.
I can hear the motor running trying to pull the lock down

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
https://vimeo.com/142300848
in my case i think my switch is dirty. but, that click should indicate that you should have a good switch. unless the switch itself was messed up.

sent from my brick using clay

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Door lock actuator. My passenger door was doing it about a year ago. Would unlock, but not lock. Replaced the actuator and has worked great since.

My truck does the same as MagSports's. I have auto lock so the doors lock once the truck hits 15mph. But, the doors won't lock with the switch if the ignition is on and the door is open. Also won't lock if the lights are left on and the door open with the key OUT of the ignition. I'm assuming safety to prevent anyone from locking the keys in the truck or killing the battery. I find it annoying as I'm constantly leaving the truck running while running into places for work picking up parts and dropping off stuff. I always lock the truck and grab my spare key fob seeing as I leave my gun in the truck, but have to manually lock the drivers door.

txcobowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SSV
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Door lock actuator. My passenger door was doing it about a year ago. Would unlock, but not lock. Replaced the actuator and has worked great since.

My truck does the same as MagSports's. I have auto lock so the doors lock once the truck hits 15mph. But, the doors won't lock with the switch if the ignition is on and the door is open. Also won't lock if the lights are left on and the door open with the key OUT of the ignition. I'm assuming safety to prevent anyone from locking the keys in the truck or killing the battery. I find it annoying as I'm constantly leaving the truck running while running into places for work picking up parts and dropping off stuff. I always lock the truck and grab my spare key fob seeing as I leave my gun in the truck, but have to manually lock the drivers door.

Since you take the extra fob with you, can't you lock it after you close the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doors won't lock by door when engine is running with door open. Fob won't lock when the ignition is "on" in any position.