drivers window came off track.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rathrbcruisin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Pulled out to get the mail and hit the auto down like i always do. I heard the motor running, but the window stayed up. I'm assuming it froze and came off track or I've read some clips broke. Dealer can't get me in until Jan 2. I've read this is pretty common and they fix it with some stronger clips? Just how common is this

Ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very common on 2015/16 models. When I worked in the service drive through at the dealer I would see it about once or twice a week when it got cold out. Just need the new clips and you should be good to go. When you get it fixed sometimes the tech forgets to program the auto up/down function, just hold the switch down for 5 seconds, then up for 5 seconds and you will be good to go. Had a lot of people come back in thinking it was broken.

jwarrenod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has happened to me 3 times now. Taking it in tomorrow and won't be taking it home w/out some form of assurance that its actually fixed, not just put back and going to do it again. Fortunately this time I can get the window 95% closed and its not supposed to snow or rain for a few days. Unacceptable and just waiting for a class action suite (which I am not in favor of) if they don't take some proactive steps, at least in traditionally cold weather states.

Love the truck otherwise, but as of now, can't recommend one.

JW

danend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 here, had it happen to me last week. Was able to get the window all the way up initially and then drove 400 miles to Minneapolis and parked in a heated parking garage. Apparently the window was frozen up because when I backed up it fell down inside of the door, completely off the track and loose.

I had to disassemble the door panels and reattach it myself using only a leather man tool I happened to have in the truck. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes and a lot of swearing. I need to get it into a dealer to see if they have a more permanent fix, but it feels pretty solid right now. Honestly, the main issue is that the sensor that stops the motor when it feels resistance isn’t sensitive enough. I’ve had plenty of cars get frozen windows but most of them stop trying to lower immediately...

E3BCD662-93A9-40AD-B0F6-167E09F657D0.jpeg 4B94E4D1-7F3F-4065-95BA-314932965860.jpeg F435FC31-E391-41EA-9190-EDD255D07487.jpeg