Drop in rpm/stall at low speeds acceleration hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc V

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been lurking for awhile trying to find the cause of my problem and have yet to figure it out! So this is my first post.

I have used the search function and have attempted to replace most things I've found through the forum to fix my problem but no luck yet!

So here goes! Ive got a 08 ram 1500 with the 5.7. Started having the issue when we had some very cold days. When I back out of my driveway in the morning and come to a stop while in reverse the rpms fall to about 250. Then it will come back to normal. While accelerating it seems to have a hard time deciding what gear to be in/hesitating on hard acceleration at lower speeds. It had at one point in time started to die when coming to a stop at a light or stop sign but doesn't seem to do that anymore! Any help is appreciated!

I have replaced the egr valve, crankshaft position sensor, checked the tyranny fluid level (which was low and since filling has stopped stalling when coming to a stop at a light) and also had a shop clean the throttle body. I'm running out of ideas ! I do have a edge tuner just on the basic economy setting with mds disabled. I've reverted back to the original specs thinking that may have been the cause, it wasnt. And the tuner has been installed since I bought the truck 2 years ago. Next thing on my list is spark plugs but I do not think that will fix my issue.

Sorry for the long post! Just looking for some help!

iand12345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the same thing is happening with me, have you solved this?