e3 spark plugs 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
nope ... all most all of hemi owners use the slandered OEM champion copper plugs .

stay away from plat plugs , 85% of people experience problems with them .

stick with OEM champions . cheap and work ...hemi needs copper as this engine runs hot .
and keep in mind every 30k on plugs .

welcome to the forum

OP
OP
ike43

ike43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
e3 plugs

thx for the welcome i was also looking at bosh+4 plugs but this is my first dodge 2006 5.7 4x4 so i dont know much about the hemi but want to add lots of mods only for better gas mileage haha!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
like i said , stick with the OEM champions COPPER .
do the plug change all 16 , clean the TB and check the EGR , switch the oil over to synthetic 5.5 QUARTS , get rid of the hemi hat and get a good breathable CAI with a good non restrictive exhaust , and possibly a tunner down the road .

that will help with MPG'S

AND DEPENDING ON THE MILES .... diff service and trans .

nothing runs better than a well serviced truck

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
two separate auto stores recommended platinum plugs for replacement, just goes to show who has your truck in mind when it comes to maintenance. The stores want the bottom line almighty dollar, to hell withh your ride, not so here. An exhaust system, preferably a cat back system will increase horsepoweer, and mpg's btw. T^hat aside go with the copper jobs, they work the best.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
RH the new hemis take only 5.5 quarts of oil in em? Mine is 7.5 along with the other 05 at the house.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
my bad i was thinknig about the nitro ...lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yes def. stick with the stock champions, and that will save you money toward mods. If you are going for mods to increase mpg also look into an e-fan.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Your all good RH just trying to figure out what the hell they changed to lose 2 quarts lol.

OP
OP
ike43

ike43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bought and installed new champ copper plugs only 50$ compared to 150$
trying to fix a slight eng shake at idle, only 60000 km

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
you get that idle because one of the plugs is not gaped properly .

OP
OP
ike43

ike43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no ram hunter all plugs are gapped the same even tried a second set, champ plugs are the worst on the market, even both dodge dealers say the same and said they have better luck with high end plugs and no they are not trying to get more money frm me ,im a lic mech and do my own work, this is my first hemi and this is why i took advice from members who say champ plugs are the best for hemi's, is there anybody on this site that fell for this also? i put new platiumn plugs in and idles like new!

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did the cheap champion #570 a couple months ago and my truck runs great with them.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
WRT Idle shake AL, Beef up your Plug Wires, There was talk about that here a couple days ago?

I try to stay away from Spark Plug Debates. But..Whether its good or bad, I got no Black soot on my Tail Pipes to worry bout compared to when I was runnin Copper!

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
WRT Idle shake AL, Beef up your Plug Wires, There was talk about that here a couple days ago?

I try to stay away from Spark Plug Debates. But..Whether its good or bad, I got no Black soot on my Tail Pipes to worry bout compared to when I was runnin Copper!

You can't beef up coil packs. These o6's and beyond don;t have regular plug wires. The op must be a certified mechanic, he never ******* about the 16 plugs he had too change or the swivel unit, or the extensions , or the lack of room on the drivers side. lol 5 hrs. ****!! ****** job to find out you gotta do 'em over again. First I heard of a bad set of plugs thou. Look I agree there cheap enough, but 95% of us use them . I think you either smooshed one. gap wise. or had a bad insulating problem. I'm not defending my position on this just stating what I think is the obvious.

OP
OP
ike43

ike43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sometimes you can drop voltage at coil pac's but scanner at work wont let you monitor missfires , it does seem to be alot less noticable when at operating temp, i still think its the plugs, but like to here from people who run platiumn plugs, anybody also have tried MSD coil pacs?

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Weedahoe , actually put them on his rig. he went with the coil pack set up. Now whether he has msd hooked up. , I dunno. pm him, dunno where he's been. If you have a tuner sc 3865, it allows you to turn it off. I really can't see the point, At wot those cylynders are all thumping power imo.