Edge Products Pulsar Module for 5.7 AND 6.4 at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will take a pc controlled stock motor over a non pc controlled any day of the week . Its not just " reduce the throttle delay slightly", it is one hell of alot depending on setting used. To each their own but I'm sure enjoying mine and was money well spent while keepimg warranty intact IMO

^^^^^^ This right here.

I have a PC and a Diablosport Trinity and they play very well together with the DS canned tunes and whichever settings I want to play with that day on the PC. With a proper tune (HEMIFever, JayGreene or etc) this combo will be even more potent.

Nick will hook you up if you're looking for a Peddle Commander or any tuner for that matter.

PC and DS FTW!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So is it the pulsar or the commander for the win?

i see you have a 6.4, currently the Pulsar is only for the 1500 with 5.7. So for you Pedal Commander is for the win!

You can order here and use promo code PC10 for your discount! They are in stock and ready to ship.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So is it the pulsar or the commander for the win?

BOTH!! Im running them together and couldnt be happier. PC set in sport minus 3 and adjust pulsar to 8 from 6 when feel the need to blow by someone!

Derek Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i see you have a 6.4, currently the Pulsar is only for the 1500 with 5.7. So for you Pedal Commander is for the win!

You can order here and use promo code PC10 for your discount! They are in stock and ready to ship.

If the Pulsar is the better of the 2, it wait until they make it for the 6.4. What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the Pulsar is the better of the 2, it wait until they make it for the 6.4. What are your thoughts?
A lot of our customers that had a pedal commander and now have a pulsar still run the pedal commander. I think both is the ultimate answer here. The pulsar adjust the throttle but nothing like the pedal commander does.

Also there is no set date for a release on a pulsar for the 6.4 and that's if they are even working on one. We are offering the Pedal commander for $297 with our PC10 coupon code.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just ordered a pulsar from got exhaust. super excited to get it in and test it out. im only used to stock, i have a vararam and bolt in muffler, but its on 100% stock truck otherwise. having never tried the pedal commander (but being very familiar with what a custom tuned vehicle feels like) im pretty excited to install this as someone very green and report my results. i read through all of the threads i could find on the pulsar, and aside from the surge i feel very confident this will fit exactly my needs. once custom tuning is availble, that is 1000x better.

looking forward to it! thanks so much for the coupon, too.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
BOTH!! Im running them together and couldnt be happier. PC set in sport minus 3 and adjust pulsar to 8 from 6 when feel the need to blow by someone!
In my world, the need to blow by someone occurs often and must be acted upon instantly. I therefore run Big White's PC at Sport +3. Keeps me paying attention. ;)

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my world, the need to blow by someone occurs often and must be acted upon instantly. I therefore run Big White's PC at Sport +3. Keeps me paying attention. ;)

I hear that!! I adjusted down on pc and use pulsar for instant steering wheel control. Otherwise with both cranked up is pretty jumpy on stoplight starts..lol.
Love the pedal commander and pulsar combo

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All orders from this weekend should have their tracking #'s in their email. thanks again!

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my pulsar in, came extremely fast. So far, very satisfied with the product!

Feels like it relies mostly on throttle sensitivity for it's tricks. I can tell it adds timing in the 7/8 performance mode, it pulls very strong. I absolutely can't wait until we can load custom tunes, that is going to be beautiful.

For $460, this is definitely worth the return on investment from the canned tunes. Stock with no mds is a beautiful thing, i no longer have to punch through the gears. The tune that surprises me most ironically is the Eco tune. I am surprised to say i will likely leave it on eco no mds most of the time. It ******* throttle sensitivty, and seems to take away the *jump* that the stock tuning likes to hold when going over hills and overpasses. I can also tell that the acceleration is VERY reserved in town, leading me to think i might actually improve my in-town city mileage.

The 5/6 tow tune is probably the best all around improvement over stock, and I can see myself using it in tandem with tow/haul for the tune + stock shift adjustment.

7/8 performance tune is rock solid. Throttle response is immediate, and tires break loose very easy. Makes the truck feel like it has a bigger stall or something, it wants to move with little effort. I'd say the performance tune is most noticeable around town. From 65mph+, it takes minimal effort to accelerate. However, flooring the pedal doesn't seem to pull like a freight train, thought the timing advance is pretty noticeable. Video below is #8, traction control off. Spins from ~15mph, and i let off around 55ish.

Install was ridiculously quick. very happy with the product so far. planning on putting 1-2k miles on it and reporting back in. i have noticed that it seems to snap into mds on the eco non mds setting, and then snap out really quick. Not sure if i'm imagining that or not.

Pleasure doing business with GotExhaust.com!

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, it's awsome in my book! Cruising along in 4 and adjusting up through the settings I can definately feel the timing adjustment from 6 to 7 and 8. Paired with the pedal commander can be quite the yaa yipee yahoo!!

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, it's awsome in my book! Cruising along in 4 and adjusting up through the settings I can definately feel the timing adjustment from 6 to 7 and 8. Paired with the pedal commander can be quite the yaa yipee yahoo!!

ive got my fingers crossed hard for custom tunes down the line. until then, the truck feels 100x more versatile and that is more than enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Feels like it relies mostly on throttle sensitivity for it's tricks. I can tell it adds timing in the 7/8 performance mode, it pulls very strong. I absolutely can't wait until we can load custom tunes, that is going to be beautiful.

For $460, this is definitely worth the return on investment from the canned tunes. Stock with no mds is a beautiful thing, i no longer have to punch through the gears. The tune that surprises me most ironically is the Eco tune. I am surprised to say i will likely leave it on eco no mds most of the time. It ******* throttle sensitivty, and seems to take away the *jump* that the stock tuning likes to hold when going over hills and overpasses. I can also tell that the acceleration is VERY reserved in town, leading me to think i might actually improve my in-town city mileage.

The 5/6 tow tune is probably the best all around improvement over stock, and I can see myself using it in tandem with tow/haul for the tune + stock shift adjustment.

7/8 performance tune is rock solid. Throttle response is immediate, and tires break loose very easy. Makes the truck feel like it has a bigger stall or something, it wants to move with little effort. I'd say the performance tune is most noticeable around town. From 65mph+, it takes minimal effort to accelerate. However, flooring the pedal doesn't seem to pull like a freight train, thought the timing advance is pretty noticeable. Video below is #8, traction control off. Spins from ~15mph, and i let off around 55ish.

Install was ridiculously quick. very happy with the product so far. planning on putting 1-2k miles on it and reporting back in. i have noticed that it seems to snap into mds on the eco non mds setting, and then snap out really quick. Not sure if i'm imagining that or not.

Thank you for your review. very informative I appreciate you taking the time to share. It was a pleasure doing business with you as well!

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What tranny/gears do you have?

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just ran across a very informative Edge Pulsar review, worth the watch - dyno results. Spoiler - it really is producing just shy of 30/30 at the rear on level 8. I've got around 1200 miles of smiles w/ mine so far, still loving it!

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the guys saying they had a "surge" in the throttle, would you describe it as MDS quickly enabling and disabling itself?

I'm so far about 300 miles in, and VERY happy with the product. however i have noticed that MDS is not actually disabled. I can hear the truck drop into MDS on any of the non-mds tunes, and then MDS will quickly shut off. I notice it the most in the eco tune, and some in the performance & tow tune. I am going to keep the truck on the MDS tune until i can get ahold of Edge to see if this is a common thing. I know MDS isn't always great for this engine, and i figure coming in and out of it consistently has got to be the worst version of it.

anyone else experience this?

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the guys saying they had a "surge" in the throttle, would you describe it as MDS quickly enabling and disabling itself?

I'm so far about 300 miles in, and VERY happy with the product. however i have noticed that MDS is not actually disabled. I can hear the truck drop into MDS on any of the non-mds tunes, and then MDS will quickly shut off. I notice it the most in the eco tune, and some in the performance & tow tune. I am going to keep the truck on the MDS tune until i can get ahold of Edge to see if this is a common thing. I know MDS isn't always great for this engine, and i figure coming in and out of it consistently has got to be the worst version of it.

anyone else experience this?

just an update, I called Edge tech support and they said that this is normal behavior. I’m not able to confirm if this is what the surge is that people are getting.

Still loving the pulsar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk