Edge Products Pulsar Module for 5.7 AND 6.4 at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
To the guys saying they had a "surge" in the throttle, would you describe it as MDS quickly enabling and disabling itself?

I'm so far about 300 miles in, and VERY happy with the product. however i have noticed that MDS is not actually disabled. I can hear the truck drop into MDS on any of the non-mds tunes, and then MDS will quickly shut off. I notice it the most in the eco tune, and some in the performance & tow tune. I am going to keep the truck on the MDS tune until i can get ahold of Edge to see if this is a common thing. I know MDS isn't always great for this engine, and i figure coming in and out of it consistently has got to be the worst version of it.

anyone else experience this?

That is indeed the closest I could get to describing it. I told Edge I thought it is was when MDS was trying to engage or disengage even though I was running a setting that it should not be operating. I would (and still get) about a 50 RPM surge that is very noticeable, and even shows on the tach at very light throttle. I hope they come up with a fix. They told me I could send it back, or wait till they figure it out. I am waiting as of now.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Does the edge programmer work on the 6.4L???

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is indeed the closest I could get to describing it. I told Edge I thought it is was when MDS was trying to engage or disengage even though I was running a setting that it should not be operating. I would (and still get) about a 50 RPM surge that is very noticeable, and even shows on the tach at very light throttle. I hope they come up with a fix. They told me I could send it back, or wait till they figure it out. I am waiting as of now.

I haven't spoke to Edge yet but I am getting the same "surge". I am running almost exclusively in 6 and when cruising steady about 35 to 45 i can feel and hear a exhaust change that is very noticeable! It seems to be only at a steady cruise speed....quite annoying!
I WILL say with PC set to sport minus 3 and pulsar in 6 I've seen approximately 1.5 mpg gain at freeway speed over just the pc alone. Before I was averaging 16-17 by the lie o meter on the freeways and these last 2 weeks im in the high 18s. Win win! More oomph on pressing skinny pedal and better mpg fpr me

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't spoke to Edge yet but I am getting the same "surge". I am running almost exclusively in 6 and when cruising steady about 35 to 45 i can feel and hear a exhaust change that is very noticeable! It seems to be only at a steady cruise speed....quite annoying!
I WILL say with PC set to sport minus 3 and pulsar in 6 I've seen approximately 1.5 mpg gain at freeway speed over just the pc alone. Before I was averaging 16-17 by the lie o meter on the freeways and these last 2 weeks im in the high 18s. Win win! More oomph on pressing skinny pedal and better mpg fpr me

the Pulsar/Pedal Commander combo seems to really be a winner!

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had it saved in my cart, promo code attached. Now it says contact you for availability.
I'll be in the office a little later and see what's going on. Is that you who did the site inquiry for it also?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I pulled mine out today for dealer appt friday.
I MISS IT ALREADY!!!
Really notice the 30 hp added by the pulsar. Exaust note on startup without pulsar has lost the rasp on initial fire-up and all through out acceleration. Cranked pedal commander up by it's just not the same.
THIS THING WORKS GREAT, even if it doesn't seem to completely lock out MDS via surging! I just set trans button to 7 or 8 when I get in and no issues with weird exhaust note/mds surging

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pulled mine out today for dealer appt friday.
I MISS IT ALREADY!!!
Really notice the 30 hp added by the pulsar. Exaust note on startup without pulsar has lost the rasp on initial fire-up and all through out acceleration. Cranked pedal commander up by it's just not the same.
THIS THING WORKS GREAT, even if it doesn't seem to completely lock out MDS via surging! I just set trans button to 7 or 8 when I get in and no issues with weird exhaust note/mds surging

you know I thought my exhaust sounded a little more grunty on 8. figured it was in my head. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you know I thought my exhaust sounded a little more grunty on 8. figured it was in my head. lol

Back when I was mainly in 6 and steady cruise on freeway, see something making me wanna go, button it to 8 and the tone was VERY noticeable. Most times it would downshift a gear instantly. Now i leave it in 8
Without the pulsar the tranny is kinda laggy(for lack of a better description). With pulsar tranny seems to Shift crisper both up and down

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Is this available for the 6.4 yet?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No it isnt. Wish it was. It would be on my truck with out a doubt

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use promo code EDGE . you know I always hook you guys up!

Oh, man, that's cool...thanks! BTW, if I missed the code in your sig, sorry about that! I'm sure you keep that updated (unlike me), so I should've checked there before opening my big trap.

TXCOMT

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, man, that's cool...thanks! BTW, if I missed the code in your sig, sorry about that! I'm sure you keep that updated (unlike me), so I should've checked there before opening my big trap.

TXCOMT
No worries, I like ball breaking anyway. My skin is thick I like to take it just as much as I like to give it out LoL

Plus lots of people use Tapatalk and you can't view sigs so I don't assume anyone can see my sig when they post.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested in this and a PC. What's the latest on updates/tunes/etc? I know there were complaints on surging, not being able to adjust for tire size, and not sure what else.

I like the idea of this setup as I absolutely want to preserve my warranty for the next couple of yrs, but also would like all the "teething" or bugs worked out of it. It looks like many are satisfied, but some not so much.

Are there periodic updates that can be downloaded with a OBD2 to USB cable via my laptop?