Edge Products Pulsar Module for 5.7 AND 6.4 at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm interested in this and a PC. What's the latest on updates/tunes/etc? I know there were complaints on surging, not being able to adjust for tire size, and not sure what else.

I like the idea of this setup as I absolutely want to preserve my warranty for the next couple of yrs, but also would like all the "teething" or bugs worked out of it. It looks like many are satisfied, but some not so much.

Are there periodic updates that can be downloaded with a OBD2 to USB cable via my laptop?

There is an update coming very soon! They will include tire szie speedo calibration. As far as the surging its mostly just the MDS trying to kick in. Simply disable the MDS but pressing the gear select - button.

The majority have no complaints and even those few who do have some complaints still are happy overall.

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is an update coming very soon! They will include tire szie speedo calibration. As far as the surging its mostly just the MDS trying to kick in. Simply disable the MDS but pressing the gear select - button.

The majority have no complaints and even those few who do have some complaints still are happy overall.

Please let us know when the new updates are in stock.

I've been reading and saw on the preferred Vendors section where you asked Hemifever tuning if they would offer custom tunes for the Edge Pulsar. No response that I saw; do you know more about that?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please let us know when the new updates are in stock.

I've been reading and saw on the preferred Vendors section where you asked Hemifever tuning if they would offer custom tunes for the Edge Pulsar. No response that I saw; do you know more about that?

Will do. I havent gotten any new news on the custom tuning.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. I havent gotten any new news on the custom tuning.

to be honest I had no faith in custom tunes or the ability to adjust much with the pulsar. since they announced the gear ratio and tire size, it restored some faith.

I think we are going to get “a version” of custom tunes where tuners have to participate in the edge’s version of tuning. for that reason I doubt we will get greene tunes or anything crazy custom, but maybe hemifever will set up some good tunes that feel better than the canned stuff. a real tune on my truck would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
to be honest I had no faith in custom tunes or the ability to adjust much with the pulsar. since they announced the gear ratio and tire size, it restored some faith.

I think we are going to get “a version” of custom tunes where tuners have to participate in the edge’s version of tuning. for that reason I doubt we will get greene tunes or anything crazy custom, but maybe hemifever will set up some good tunes that feel better than the canned stuff. a real tune on my truck would be fantastic.

I totally agree!!!
Adjustments taking into account other mods even if not a full blown "custom" tune would be HUGE!

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I totally agree!!!
Adjustments taking into account other mods even if not a full blown "custom" tune would be HUGE!

yup. adding some fuel for the intake would be really nice. I really dig the pulsar but eventually it’s going to make more sense to go custom tunes. i’ll give my dad the pulsar then, if they aren’t doing custom by that point.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yup. adding some fuel for the intake would be really nice. I really dig the pulsar but eventually it’s going to make more sense to go custom tunes. i’ll give my dad the pulsar then, if they aren’t doing custom by that point.

The cost differential at this point is minimal compared to what you get. Also I was concerned about warranty but Im now over 36k and it's easy enuf to swap tunes/computers.....
Im just patiently waiting now...lol

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cost differential at this point is minimal compared to what you get. Also I was concerned about warranty but Im now over 36k and it's easy enuf to swap tunes/computers.....
Im just patiently waiting now...lol

yeah i’m already at 19k miles and I haven’t had the truck a year yet. lots of driving from setx to dallas right when I got the truck, i’m carpooling now and my commute is about 14 miles total to work now so hopefully I keep the miles off.

but at this rate i’ll be out of warranty in a couple years. at that point, i’ll go custom tune. won’t matter then. and eventually i’ll do cam and lifter kit to get away from mds completely. matt at moes just had a lifter fail on his DD 51k mile ram that I don’t think he’s modded at all. nuts.

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are offering the Edge Products Pulsar Module at Got Exhaust for the 2015-2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hem.

pulsar_webimage_1.jpg

pulsar_webimage_2.jpg

Introducing a ground-breaking product from Edge Products: The Pulsar. The Pulsar is an in-line computer that connects directly to the vehicle PCM, eliminating unnecessary wires in the engine compartment. By connecting directly to the trucks PCM, Edge has the ability to control the vehicles signals to optimize performance gains, throttle response, MDS controls, mileage, and more. To make things even better, the Pulsar offers 8 performance levels that are changed by using the vehicle cruise control + and buttons on the steering wheel. Add Edges award-winning Insight monitor and control power levels through the monitor, while keeping an eye on vital vehicle parameters. Power levels are displayed where the gear indicator shows on the dash. Pulsar installs in minutes and is the most exciting and innovative product on the market for 2015-2018 Ram 1500 Hemi trucks!

FEATURES

User-adjustable power levels via cruise control buttons

Adjustable power levels on-the-fly

Improves economy, towing capabilities, and performance

Up to 8 performance levels

Power level displayed on OEM dash

Adds up to 30 HP and 30 ft-lbs TQ

Advanced ignition timing (spark)

User-selectable MDS on/off

Adjusts accelerator pedal response

Pairs with Edges award-winning Insight CS2 or CTS2

Order yours here!

Use Discount code EDGE

Message me for assistance
Will this work with my 2019 rebel?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will this work with my 2019 rebel?

They are making one for the 2019, it will have a different part number. I am working on getting these in stock. should be available soon

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are making one for the 2019, it will have a different part number. I am working on getting these in stock. should be available soon
Awesome I need one asap. Can you let me know when you have them?

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
matt at moes just had a lifter fail on his DD 51k mile ram that I don’t think he’s modded at all. nuts.

DC, did Matt make a thread or at least a detailed post about his lifter? I'd like to know more...thanks!

Sorry for the thread drift, Nick!

TXCOMT

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome I need one asap. Can you let me know when you have them?

I will try to remember. I have lots of people asking for me to do the same and it gets tough to keep track. Please keep an eye on our vendor section, especially this thread. When it is available I will be sure to post about it and add it to our site, including this category
https://gotexhaust.com/c-1183874-ram-owners-preferred-products.html

DC, did Matt make a thread or at least a detailed post about his lifter? I'd like to know more...thanks!

Sorry for the thread drift, Nick!

TXCOMT

No worries brother, sounds like it could be important info for the community, so by all means

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In stock, ready to ship! Use promo code EDGE !

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Hi Nick

Is pulsar for 2019 available?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust