Edge Pulsar owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering how many folks on here have picked one up and how do you like it? Also what # setting do you normally use?

I love mine for the ease of install, simplicity of changing settings and the MDS cancelation. I use #6 most for daily driving (has decent throttle reponse without being to snappy off the line) and #8 if I want to f*@k around.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Installed today but have half a tank of 87 to burn through before the fill up w/ 91. Haven't tried higher than 4 yet, took great self control today not to give it a go for ***** & giggles but w/ only 1100 miles on the clock.. not trying to make her knock.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once level 8 adds some added timing , the smiles will appear

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have been getting a lot of good feedback from our customers on this. sounds like EDGE hit a HR here. The easy install, it being untraceable, and the change on the fly tunes seem to be the biggest draw to this product.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
+1 for GotExhaust, fast shipping & excellent response time for the question I had before buying, the discount was nice as well.
I was concerned that the Pulsar might impact the speedo calibration from the Hypertech I used, it did not. Additionally, after some reading last night on here I realized I needed to set the tire size to an exact size, not just "35"...... (my speedo was still 2 - 3 mph fast) looked up the correct size, plugged the Hypertech in & made the change w/ no problems.... w/ the Edge Pulsar still installed. Love that there's a "pass through" capability" & that I didn't have to pull the Pulsar off to make the change. Still haven't had a chance (due to 87 in the tank) to try levels 5 & beyond but so far, I am pleased w/ the product.

Last edited:

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes, piggyback install. Mounts directly to the PCM.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Correct

The ability to change levels on the fly is pretty damn cool as well. Simply a matter of using the cruise control +/- buttons on the steering wheel (while cruise is not activated). Levels are momentarily displayed on the dash screen. Really slick integration. Custom tuning capability is also coming.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I tend to strongly avoid being a beta tester as well w/ a new release but given Edge's history & what I was reading from other early adopters, I felt good w/ taking the plunge.

So far....

OG2hHwW_zpspquhlgay.jpg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have a few questions.

Does this effect the transmission any as far as tuning it as well ?

Can your pcm be flashed with it in place ?

Custom tunes ? will this happen and will it be able to tune the transmission as well with it.

Does this work if you have headers and a new mid pipe ?

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it had tire size calibration and custom tuning I'd be in

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a few questions.

Can your pcm be flashed with it in place ?

According to Edge, the PCM can be flashed w/ the Pulsar in place. I had to do so w/ Hypertech's speedo calibrater last night to correct tire size as I initially used 35" rather than actual size. I updated the PCM w/ the Pulsar still installed, no issues.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Also is this a 15hp bump or 30hp, read 2 different numbers.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Also is this a 15hp bump or 30hp, read 2 different numbers.

From what I've read & seen in all vids & reviews I've been able to find, 15/15 is what is listed but it's reportedly underrated, real world results are claimed to be 30/30 at the rear on level 8. That said, I have not tried beyond level 4 which is fuel econ focused w/ MDS disabled, not a power enhancer level so no opinion from my end yet on how realistic that 30/30 claim is. Will report back as soon as I fill up w/ 91 & try it out.

I would love to see some dyno run data. If I had access to a relatively local dyno, I would be happy to drive over & use mine to find out. Bone stock other than a K&N filter (not CAI) w/ just over 1k miles on the odometer. Couldn't ask for a better test mule. I'm in SC, if anyone knows of a shop for dyno runs in Greenville or Columbia please let me know. Obviously I would share the results, good info for all to know what you're really getting for your money in raw numbers.

Last edited: