Edge Pulsar owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m surprised , I can see not removing the top speed limiter , but not even raising it is a disappointing for $500☹️

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL..wife had to use the truck today and hasnt drove it since i put the pulsar on. She quoted “ the truck seems to have more power today and when i step on the gas it jerks”. Then my kid says. Whoa your crazy mama. To funny. I said dont know anything about it

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got back from a test drive, however, it was raining (If you can even call it that, but wet enough to ran in 4Auto to keep traction) and there were lots of needlessly slow idiots about(Around here they seem to think the sky is failing and do 30+ under when they see the tinniest amount of water). I will have to do some more testing when its dry and the roads are less crowded, but I'll give some impressions anyways. I would not stack the Pulsar with the PC unless you want a super super touchy throttle or you like the weaker modes (2-4). Honestly Levels 3, 4, 5, and 7 are pointless (Eco mode is trash and MDS in a perf mode is stupid imo), however, level 6 is about the pedal response I get out of my Scat Pack in normal mode while level 8 is somewhat close to the pedal response I get out of the Scat Pack in sport mode(Just a bit touchy). I'm pretty pleased as I now longer have to manually kill MDS (I will only be using levels 6 and 8), the truck does pull a little harder, and I can re-purpose the PC. Currently my truck has the following mods and I only run Shell 93 : Vararam, Moes 87mm TB, BT Catchcan, 190 T-Stat, V6 efan, most shutters removed, and a Flowmaster Super 10 direct fit muffler. Is it as good as a PCM swap custom tune and a TCM flash ? Not at all, but it is better than stock + PC and it's easy to revert without a trace should I need to use my lifetime warranty.

im going to have to disagree with this, i really like the fact i have way more options on peddel response. when im driving i likie it real aggresive, now that my wife drives the truck sometimes she can kick it way down, found that city -3/4 is about perfect for her and for me i use sport +3/4

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have been looking at these and looking at tuners and cant seem to bring my self to buy this at the $499 price tag.
You can buy the Diablo I3 with custom motor and trans tune for $674 from Moe's and it just offers so much more bang for the buck with how much more it has to offer.
Just my opinion the Edge should be priced cheaper since it has less options , $350 or so imo.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been looking at these and looking at tuners and cant seem to bring my self to buy this at the $499 price tag.
You can buy the Diablo I3 with custom motor and trans tune for $674 from Moe's and it just offers so much more bang for the buck with how much more it has to offer.
Just my opinion the Edge should be priced cheaper since it has less options , $350 or so imo.

Someone has to pay for the R&D

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree! Although I like my Pulsar, I think the price should be no more than $400 for it's limited features compared to an actual tuner. Getting your ECU unlocked is the added expense though for the more recent year models like mine

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree! Although I like my Pulsar, I think the price should be no more than $400 for it's limited features compared to an actual tuner. Getting your ECU unlocked is the added expense though for the more recent year models like mine

R&D outweighs the cost of the actual product 10/1

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
modifying the PCM does not appeal to me in the least,its money you cant get back if/when you sell the truck.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Once you go with the pcm swap you are essentially screwed for warranty work if it comes down do it. Thats the reason I bought the edge.

modifying the PCM does not appeal to me in the least,its money you cant get back if/when you sell the truck.

Spend an extra $200 and keep your factory PCM. That is if exchanging is a concern to you.