Edge Pulsar owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
T2 with an unlocked pcm runs you over 1k after taxes. i’ve heard of problem after problem with the I3. if you want custom tuning you usually have to add another 200-250 on top. jay just raised his prices (he’s worth it though)

add a trans tune and you’re easy 1500 deep into two tunes and a handheld. I just couldn’t justify 1200 bucks for custom tune only on the truck, no matter how much of a difference it makes. I don’t race the truck, and pulsar at 8 has been good enough with my other mods. it’s still quicker than stock, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
You can do the T2 w/ PCM & HemiFever engine and trans tuning for $1174, shipped free from Moe's. Maybe even cheaper if Matt does a RF discount.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can do the T2 w/ PCM & HemiFever engine and trans tuning for $1174, shipped free from Moe's. Maybe even cheaper if Matt does a RF discount.

i know matt does his absolute best on pricing, i just can't personally bring myself to spend that much for what amounts to a tune. I know they make a difference, but i try to get away with other significant mods that don't necessarily *require* a tune before going that route.

then again i barely have any engine performance mods. intake and pulsar. i eventually want to do bigger y-pipe, and fastman tb. im just enjoying my warranty time. when that's gone, its game on.

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After having my Edge Pulsar for a while, I'm quite happy with it on setting #6. It feels great all around and pulls smooth. With that said, #8 is a bit of a disappointment. The WOT gain is great, but the throttle response is excessive and not practical for every day driving. Would I buy it again? Yes. I just wish the sensitivity could be dialed back on #8. I tried adding a pedal commander to dial back the sensitivity but never found a happy medium.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
After having my Edge Pulsar for a while, I'm quite happy with it on setting #6. It feels great all around and pulls smooth. With that said, #8 is a bit of a disappointment. The WOT gain is great, but the throttle response is excessive and not practical for every day driving. Would I buy it again? Yes. I just wish the sensitivity could be dialed back on #8. I tried adding a pedal commander to dial back the sensitivity but never found a happy medium.

I felt the same about level 8 until I figured out City +4 was the optimal PC setting to eliminate the lurch. No issues w/ jumping off the line now & the power gain is definitely noticeable over 6 but just as usable.

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I felt the same about level 8 until I figured out City +4 was the optimal PC setting to eliminate the lurch. No issues w/ jumping off the line now & the power gain is definitely noticeable over 6 but just as usable.
I'll give that another try, thanks!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I concur!!
I have payed around all over with pc settings in 8 to eliminate the off line jump/lurch and have settled into city+4 for everyday driving. I drive 70% city so lurching is not conducive to stealth city no one notice me leaving a stoplight please driving. Sport plus +4 is a riot but city +4 and pulsar 8 is perfect for me

JonC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Hey guys, I recognize this is not a new thread but I need help and I think this is the right thread.

I’ll start with the facts: I’ve had a pedal commander for about a month with no problems. Yesterday I installed the Pulsar and immediately started having issues. My truck would sort of lock up at low speed and not shift. My rotorary dial would also lock up. The only way to get moving again was to turn the truck off and restart it. Sometimes that would fix it and sometimes it would lock up again. It happened on my way into work this morning in the middle of the road at a red light. I limped into the shoulder and disconnected the Pedal Commander. After that I had no problems at all with just running the Pulsar. The Pulsar worked perfectly but itself but not in conjunction with the Pedal Commander.

Can anyone offer any advice?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're the first person I have heard of that has a problem running both units. It might suck, but the only way to be sure is to reinstall the PC and see if it has the issues again. I'm very curious as I plan to re-buy a Pulsar (returned one without ever installing due to some reported bugs) this year.

JonC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
That’s my plan. Of course I’d be the only one to have a problem running both. That’s my luck!

StealthSRT10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone report better gas milage with the pulsar? assuming everyones running 6 and up

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not get better mileage with it....

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From my understanding with certain year trucks you will need to do a PCM swap to get an unlocked PCM to use this system correct?

Everything I read said my 2018 would need a whole new PCM

If this is the case it would then be traceable and void the warranty

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, works fine on top of a factory locked pcm....

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I tried the gas mileage mode for 2 full tanks and really tried my best to drive normal. I did not notice anything at all in savings. This was only using 87 octane.

I ran setting 6 (+15hp) for several months in hot and cool weather using 87 octane with no issues. I ran it all winter in setting 8 (+30hp) using 93 octane and it has been a hoot but I had to dial down the throttle response with the PC, I believe I set it in City +5 or something similar.

For all around best mix of economy and fun, setting 6 with the PC on sport +4 running 87 octane seems to be my preference. I have a lifetime warranty so I need a piggyback setup. One of the main reasons I purchased the Edge was to get rid of that annoying MDS crap without having to hit the +/- gear selector every time.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one for sale in the for sale section...with the updating cord and shipping. low price

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone have this with the Hemi E-Torque? Any difference from the regular Hemi?

B_Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed today but have half a tank of 87 to burn through before the fill up w/ 91. Haven't tried higher than 4 yet, took great self control today not to give it a go for ***** & giggles but w/ only 1100 miles on the clock.. not trying to make her knock.

How often do you Top your truck off with Premium? and do you really see many benefits?

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How often do you Top your truck off with Premium? and do you really see many benefits?
I only run 89, no pinging ever on 7/8. Saw no additional gains running Premium. Yes, the Pulsar is definitely worth it but you also need a Pedal Commander to dial back the excessive throttle sensitivity of 7/8 to make it daily driver usable. Too lurchy off the line without the PC.