EGR Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel's '14 6.7 Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
With 53k on My 2014 Ram 2500 SLT, with 6.7 Cummins, I am starting to do my homework on the best EGR Delete kits out there.

My question is this, any of you guys that have had this done already, willing to give up stuff from your experiences? Per warranty, I was told that at 75k I will have to spend around $1,400 on the ERG cleaning or miss out on the remainder of the 25k warranty.

I can't see spending $1400 to clean it, when I want to get rid of it at 100k.
I keep her serviced, and do not act crazy in it. Way I see it, I'll take my chances.

Feed back on brands, any troubles had would be greatly appreciated, I hate def buying already :/

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You will lose your warranty once you delete it since you will need tuning to go along with it. As far as brands go, pick what looks nice to you, it's just a metal plate that covers the opening. Another option you can do is to spend a little more and buy a new intake horn, which will delete the EGR at the same time.
Pusher Intakes

Another (cheap and easy) thing you can do is to delete the crank case filter and cap the hole on the intake so you're not pulling oil into the turbo. The filter is on the list of items to be serviced at 67,500 miles and I believe the dealership charges a couple hundred to do it.

CarboniteCummins - Home here are some write-ups and more info.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As NWRQC said, the EGR delete itself is pretty straight forward. Most kits are very similar with only a few minor changes per brand to put their own touch on it.

The item you really need to pay attention to and that matters the most when deleting is what tuner you're going to use. There's a couple different options for a 2014 6.7 available right now so I'd suggest doing your homework on those to start. EFI Live is the first to look at if you want the option for full custom tuning. RaceME Ultra would be the second option to look at if you want an out of the box, plug and play tuner.
You'll also need to look at exhaust options. I'd suggest Flo Pro and from there you can decide if you just want delete pipes, a 4" turbo back exhaust with or without muffler, or a 5" turbo back exhaust with or without muffler.

draken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
As NWRQC said, the EGR delete itself is pretty straight forward. Most kits are very similar with only a few minor changes per brand to put their own touch on it.

The item you really need to pay attention to and that matters the most when deleting is what tuner you're going to use. There's a couple different options for a 2014 6.7 available right now so I'd suggest doing your homework on those to start. EFI Live is the first to look at if you want the option for full custom tuning. RaceME Ultra would be the second option to look at if you want an out of the box, plug and play tuner.
You'll also need to look at exhaust options. I'd suggest Flo Pro and from there you can decide if you just want delete pipes, a 4" turbo back exhaust with or without muffler, or a 5" turbo back exhaust with or without muffler.

What about the H&S? How does that compare to the tuners you mentioned ?

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
H&S is good if you already own it, esp with MCC tuning(Mini Maxx and Black Maxx). I believe they would fall in line with or just under the Raceme Ultra, with the Raceme having a better display and layout. The H&S XRT would fall in line with the Raceme pro as a basic plug-in, tune, unplug and go.
If you're in the market for a tuner I personally wouldn't look beyond EFI-Live.
Depending on if you want digital or analog gauges, you can get EFI tunes, TCM tuning and gauges for less that what the Mini Maxx runs. If you're so inclined to do so, you can data log with EFI and have the tunes fine tuned even further for your specific vehicle. Mine came w/6 months of free re-tunes when I purchased it.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
H&S only works up to 2012 for Ram trucks. There isn't much support for H&S anymore. So if the mini maxx or black maxx breaks or craps out you are sol. For 13+ trucks efi live is probably your best option. If you plan on deleting your egr you might as well do the dpf. Most egr delete kits are about the same. I used a flo~pro egr kit on my 2010 2500 same for the dpf and down pipe. Once you start replacing other stock components that's where they start varying.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What about the H&S? How does that compare to the tuners you mentioned ?

All depends on what you want to do with it really. For me an H&S MiniMaxx with custom tuning (MCC) for both the engine and trans is the best setup for a couple of reasons. The tuning works great for me and MCC has been refined enough by now that it's not far off what EFI Live can do. It has other functions that I wanted such as the ability to turn DRL's off, adjusting for tire size, etc. And still does provide gauge readouts for a few things that you may want to see from time to time.
Now that being said, as NWRQC mentioned EFI Live is a great option as well especially now that it's gotten better for the 4th gen trucks over the last 8-10 months or so. Really it comes down to what you want out of the tuner and the overall setup of your truck. My argument would be that EFI Live does offer slightly better tuning capabilities than an H&S product with MCC and good tunes but doesn't offer some of the features that H&S does offer. The next step down would be a RaceME. It will get the job done but isn't on par with what MCC and EFI Live can do.

H&S only works up to 2012 for Ram trucks. There isn't much support for H&S anymore. So if the mini maxx or black maxx breaks or craps out you are sol. For 13+ trucks efi live is probably your best option. If you plan on deleting your egr you might as well do the dpf. Most egr delete kits are about the same. I used a flo~pro egr kit on my 2010 2500 same for the dpf and down pipe. Once you start replacing other stock components that's where they start varying.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For the record if you delete the EGR the DPF has to be deleted as well because of the tuning you'd be running. It's not an option to only delete the EGR.

draken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
All depends on what you want to do with it really. For me an H&S MiniMaxx with custom tuning (MCC) for both the engine and trans is the best setup for a couple of reasons. The tuning works great for me and MCC has been refined enough by now that it's not far off what EFI Live can do. It has other functions that I wanted such as the ability to turn DRL's off, adjusting for tire size, etc. And still does provide gauge readouts for a few things that you may want to see from time to time.
Now that being said, as NWRQC mentioned EFI Live is a great option as well especially now that it's gotten better for the 4th gen trucks over the last 8-10 months or so. Really it comes down to what you want out of the tuner and the overall setup of your truck. My argument would be that EFI Live does offer slightly better tuning capabilities than an H&S product with MCC and good tunes but doesn't offer some of the features that H&S does offer. The next step down would be a RaceME. It will get the job done but isn't on par with what MCC and EFI Live can do.

Thank you for the response. I had a diablosport with hemifever custom tune on my 2010 ram. I guess what would be most relevant to that? i would like to get the best bang for the buck. i will be eventually doing a full delete most likely as well.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the response. I had a diablosport with hemifever custom tune on my 2010 ram. I guess what would be most relevant to that? i would like to get the best bang for the buck. i will be eventually doing a full delete most likely as well.

Well first off, diesel tuning is going to blow your hemi tuning out of the water. You'll laugh at hemi tuning once you get a Cummins tuned and deleted ;)

The equivalent of that would be the H&S with MCC or EFI Live (again, whatever you prefer based on the features I listed above). You can run either one of those with emissions present tunes however I wouldn't bother. If you're going to tune it you might as well open it up and let it breathe as well. Saves paying for tunes twice as well.

I'd recommend talking to Ray Rich at Double R Diesel. He does all my tuning for me and is a very great guy to work with. Let him know I sent you and he'll fill you in on any detailed information you need to know.

CPC Fencing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Ok well I'm new to this ! I live in New Zealand , I have a 2011 2500 RAM that I want to delete the egr but trying to find how to and what I need and who best to get it all from from over here is trying to say the least ! Are there any do and do'nts of what to do and where's the best place to get kits and turners from ? And back up service that's my biggest concern !!!
Any help would be great thanks !!

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok well I'm new to this ! I live in New Zealand , I have a 2011 2500 RAM that I want to delete the egr but trying to find how to and what I need and who best to get it all from from over here is trying to say the least ! Are there any do and do'nts of what to do and where's the best place to get kits and turners from ? And back up service that's my biggest concern !!!
Any help would be great thanks !!

As of right now I think the best option you're going to get to do the job right and have good support is a RaceME Ultra, a Sinister EGR delete kit, and a Flo Pro exhaust. I'd recommend talking to Ray Rich at Double R Diesel. He can set you up with the tuner and his customer service is impeccable; you won't find any better in the business. Shoot him an email at [email protected] and let him know I sent you and what you're looking for and he'll get to taken care of.