emergence brake lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
Hi new to this forum I have a 1998 RAM 2500, and the emergence brake release lever in the cab broke I can not figure out how to get it out to replace with new one any one know where to get drawing or how to remove it

Thanks Richard

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Should be pretty simple once you get some slack in the cable. There is a cable tensioner nut under the cab on the driver side where the single cable splits into two. Once you loosen that, you'll likely need to pull the plastic access panel next to the parking brake pedal or even the carpet. Then you should be able to unplug the dash light connector from the pedal and unhook the cable, then just unbolt the pedal.

OP
OP
R

Richard1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
thanks dudeman, I guess I was not clear about my problem what happened was the plastic release lever 0n the dash has a boss on the back and plastic boss broke , I can't figure out how to get plastic lever of to replace it.

Richard

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
thanks dudeman, I guess I was not clear about my problem what happened was the plastic release lever 0n the dash has a boss on the back and plastic boss broke , I can't figure out how to get plastic lever of to replace it.

Richard[/QUOnope, thats on me. I had a thought and ran with it.

Reach under the dash to unsnap the plastic retainer clip that secures the park brake release rod to the park brake mechanism on the left side inner panel. Disengage the park brake release rod end from the park brake. Lift the park brake release handle to access and unsnap the plastic retainer clip that secures the park brake release rod to the lever on the back of the park brake release handle. Lower the park brake release handle and reach under the dash to disengage the park brake release rod end from the lever on the back of the park brake release handle. Lift the park brake release handle to access the handle mounting bracket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo