Error code P0138 what's the part# for that O2 Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey fellas, please help me with the part# for the exact O2 Sensor that needs replacing when I get an error code reading P0138? I know there's a couple of different O2 sensors and I want to buy the right one to remedy the problem. I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 Quad cab 8ft cargo bed 5.9 v8 4-Spd. Automatic 46RE transmission.

Last edited:

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Po-138 is down stream o2 sensor go to any parts store and they will carry what you need.Some o2 sensors the wiring maybe longer that others.I replaced the one on a 99 Dakota 3.9 with a universal just cut the wire and splice into the wire.The down stream sensor is going be behind your cat most likely.But basely the both up strean and down steam are the same nothing is different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

USA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, thank you so much for your response. So I'll go to my local auto part store and I'll ask them for a down stream O2 sensor for my specific Dodge Ram model because I'd hate to have to mess with splicing any wires.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I've heard people have issues with different brand sensors. I had some experience messing with them. Try buying the NTK brand, orilieys should have them. If you happen to get one where the wires are too short, buy an o2 sensor exstension harness. You shouldn't have a problem. I bought Delphi and Bosch sensors and they threw codes after instal

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First stop going by what people say first when you go to a parts store they going to ask you what year and what size engine .Some you never been a parts store that they had to look it in a book not a computer.On a Dodge aka Ram doesn't matter but the parts man is only going to go by what you tell him about your truck and believe me if he has been there selling parts he knows.NGK is a good one some Dodge engine won't run right with out Champion plugs in the engine .

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

USA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First stop going by what people say first when you go to a parts store they going to ask you what year and what size engine .Some you never been a parts store that they had to look it in a book not a computer.On a Dodge aka Ram doesn't matter but the parts man is only going to go by what you tell him about your truck and believe me if he has been there selling parts he knows.NGK is a good one some Dodge engine won't run right with out Champion plugs in the engine .
I have champion plugs in my truck what brand O2 sensor should I buy so I won't have codes come up?

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First see what the parts store sell.Then ask what most customers that have o2 sensors buy and go form there if they sell NGk buy NGk if they sell Mopar buy Mopar ask the guy at the parts counter or go to a dealership and talk to one of the mechanics he will most likely tell you what you want.I used a Universal o2 sensor on a Dakota trying to save a buck.As far as I know it is still running when I sold it.Use to a o2 sensor did not cost much but they have went up because of what metal it has in it Platinum just as a cat converter.I'm sure what you buy will be good.

OP
OP
U

USA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chrisp & Fastf thank you so much for your help. I ordered an ngk one for $24 off fleabay.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You Go USA1