Extra Selt Belt Latch Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
does anyone know where to buy 2 spare seat belt latches for a 2015 ram 1500 so i can just put them in the front seats when i'm hunting to keep light and noise from driving me crazy... thx in advance!

background

hey just joined. just bought a new 1500, can't fracking wait for it to arrive!

so i drive around in the country a lot in south carolina on private land, in and out looking for hogs, turkeys, deer, coyotes etc...

i can't stand the flashing seat belt light and chime. i know there's a code for the chime, but want it all gone.

i found the seat belt extenders which should work, but ahhh, yeah, wondering if any other option.

thank you!

Dodge Ram 1500 Seat Belt Extender

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone know where to buy 2 spare seat belt latches for a 2015 ram 1500 so i can just put them in the front seats when i'm hunting to keep light and noise from driving me crazy... thx in advance!

background

hey just joined. just bought a new 1500, can't fracking wait for it to arrive!

so i drive around in the country a lot in south carolina on private land, in and out looking for hogs, turkeys, deer, coyotes etc...

i can't stand the flashing seat belt light and chime. i know there's a code for the chime, but want it all gone.

i found the seat belt extenders which should work, but ahhh, yeah, wondering if any other option.

thank you!

Dodge Ram 1500 Seat Belt Extender

I know there is a thread on disabling the chime somewhere on the forum.....

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/seatbelt_chime_turned_off-41434/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTaHFxlN6oQ

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thx jbr, i know the thread, but look for the seat belt latch as the complete solution, not just turning off the chime, thx!

someone else wrote this:

1) Sit in your truck with your key fob available.
2) Buckle up.
3) Without pushing the brake pedal, press your Engine Start button twice - once for accessory, once more to put it in "Run" without the truck running.
4) Wait 2 or 3 seconds for all of the lights on the dash to illuminate and then go away.
5) You have 10 seconds to do the next steps:
6) Unbuckle your seat belt.
7) Buckle your seat belt.
8) Unbuckle your seat belt.
9) Buckle your seat belt.
10) Unbuckle your seat belt.
11) Buckle your seat belt. Leave it buckled. You have now unbuckled and buckled three times.
12) Now when you start the truck, your seat belt chime is disabled.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Ever since I found the seat belt chime thread I found all kinds of new tricks to reprogram on my truck.

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
silver streak, wow, i'm neurotic as well and your comment peaked my interest. any modifications you would recommend or could share? for example, i'd love to be able to have absolutely no light in the interior of the truck at night, is that possible?

anyway, still looking for cheap seat belt latches!

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
You could always just buckle the seat belt before you get in and just sit on top of it

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
silver streak, wow, i'm neurotic as well and your comment peaked my interest. any modifications you would recommend or could share? for example, i'd love to be able to have absolutely no light in the interior of the truck at night, is that possible?

anyway, still looking for cheap seat belt latches!

You can move the dimmer switch all the way to the left to dim the dash and disable the cabin lights...

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I( am curious to to what silver found, please do tell

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thx all, but still nothing. unless someone here knows, i'm going to reach out to the resellers of other year plates and see if they know what to do. i'd buy scrap yard parts but can't find them cheap.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So why do you need extenders to buckle the seatbelt?

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i don't, looking for extra seat belt latch plates to stop the fasten your seatbelt light when i'm hunting on private lands. the extenders seem to be the only simple solution.

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
I have cut some out on our laser before and they work pretty good , if you know someone with a hand held plasma that would be the easy way to do it just cut a template out of cardboard .

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sounds dangerous and cool. so i guess there isn't a special chip on the plate, as long as it's buckled you're good to go. if i'm right, good to know!

NUTT00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have any old gift cards or credit cards? Saw online where people were tracing out the male part of the seatbelt, trimming them out of the gift cards, and plugging them into the female seat belt. Worked perfect on my 2013, and was a FREE MOD!!!! Used some nice black Under Armour gift cards I had already used. The trick is trimming the hole out so they will lock in.

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Scrap yard with a pair of scissors?
This is what I did along with the Chime Off procedure . . . A utility knife, 15 seconds, $3 each, and you got em . . . Anything back to 2009 will work . . . Maybe before that even, but I can't verify that

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is what I did along with the Chime Off procedure . . . A utility knife, 15 seconds, $3 each, and you got em . . . Anything back to 2009 will work . . . Maybe before that even, but I can't verify that

cool. i figured that having them delivered to my door is probably cheaper than driving to nearest scrapyard which has no guarantee of success. i'll be sure to post results. seriously, thx for all the advice!

OP
OP
B

bmcfiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok, so these just arrived:

Latches that should work on the 2015 model
2pc Carbon Fiber Safety Seat Belt Control Buckle Clasp Alarm Stopper Insert P3 | eBay

the fit perfectly, are attractive, and solve my problem! i was able to turn the chime off, but even still the red no seatbelt light, and the drivers screen flashing no seatbelt when people get in / out or dogs jumping up and down is annoying enough that i'm glad i purchased the seatbelt latch plates.

ebay seller / shipping / product were all spot on.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
ok, so these just arrived:

Latches that should work on the 2015 model
2pc Carbon Fiber Safety Seat Belt Control Buckle Clasp Alarm Stopper Insert P3 | eBay

the fit perfectly, are attractive, and solve my problem! i was able to turn the chime off, but even still the red no seatbelt light, and the drivers screen flashing no seatbelt when people get in / out or dogs jumping up and down is annoying enough that i'm glad i purchased the seatbelt latch plates.

ebay seller / shipping / product were all spot on.

Your light issue I doubt is going to be solved with anything simple as the dummy latches for the chime.

The seat belts are just one part of the supplemental restraint system or SRS. The other parts of the SRS include weight sensors in the seats to determine what kind of person is sitting in them as a small child or adult to adjust the front air bag deployment in case of a crash. I suspect that one you installed your dummy seat belt latches for the chime, the system is expecting a weight of a person in the seat and not seeing it or is intermittent due to your dogs being in and out.