Fan issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey guys. My blower fan has been working intermittently for a couple of weeks now. Some days, it works as intended. Some days, it will start working after driving a few miles. Some days, it just won't come on at all. A/C compressor kicks on and everything seems fine. I have done:

1. Replaced ignition switch module (seems to be the fix usually for this issue). May try another one just in case, by some weird coincidence, the new one has issues out of the box.
2. Checked resistor.
3. Took dash apart and checked control knob and board.

Still nothing... Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Bigguy45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this same exact issue. Replaced the switch and checked the controls too. I replaced the blower motor itself and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

DanielC99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this same exact issue. Replaced the switch and checked the controls too. I replaced the blower motor itself and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Replacing blower motor fixed mine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Crazyro

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep. That seems to be another common thread. Ended up replacing the motor and all is well. Thanks guys.

Steedrock2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
I have an 2002 sport 4x4 im having these issues with my blower motor fan controls blower is maybe 2 years old i replaced resistor that worked for awhile not just high i tried replacing control block no change almost seems like my problem is in key ignition any thoughts should I change out blower motor ?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
About the same age as this thread you revived lol

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a replacement fan/blower motor. Bearings are going bad but it hasn't quit yet. Should be a simple swap out from underneath the passenger side dash. Just remove the glove box and you will have access to the fan and motor.